The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Oh bollocks you people started your PS already bleh. When do you plan on sending off your UCAS application bearing in mind that earlier submissions tends to get more offers/interviews (apparently)?
hihihihi
Oh bollocks you people started your PS already bleh. When do you plan on sending off your UCAS application bearing in mind that earlier submissions tends to get more offers/interviews (apparently)?

End of September at the latest i hope, but really it's up to my tutor. I'm going to send it to her to add the reference in early September and hope she does it quickly and sends it to UCAS!
Durham gives 50% of geog apps an offer (i calculated all this stuff last night :biggrin:) i am sad. :biggrin:
Reply 43
Ellie4
Where are you applying?

Provisionally im applying to:

Cambridge, Durham, Nottingham, Exeter, Liverpool and one other which I havent got a clue about!
Another Durham and Notts person! Ahhh we have more competition Ellie!
Ellie4
But if Notts get 20 apps per place, that means they only give offers to 5%!!! :eek:

But don't they give more offers than they have places available because not everyone accepts etc?
Reply 46
Lol ahh well were all so amazing and knowledgable about geography im sure we'll all get in together :biggrin:
Reply 47
SiAnY
Another Durham and Notts person! Ahhh we have more competition Ellie!

:frown:
Durham's my first choice! I really want to get in there, even if it s really far from home! I think tha Aimee girl is applying to Notts and Durham too!!! :frown:
SiAnY
But don't they give more offers than they have places available because not everyone accepts etc?

Yep - But in all fairness, they won't be giving 10% of applicants an offer as that would be double of what they are allowed onto the course; so I'd presume they'd give 7 or 8% offers.

It's likely that one who recieves an offer, will go to that uni, no?

At most it will be 10%, but I presume even less.
Reply 49
Ellie4
Durham's my first choice! I really want to get in there, even if it s really far from home! I think tha Aimee girl is applying to Notts and Durham too!!! :frown:

heh start discouraging them to apply there
Ellie4

Durham's my first choice too but it's 8 hours away. DAMN IT. I wish i could move it down south. :biggrin:
Invisible
Yep - But in all fairness, they won't be giving 10% of applicants an offer as that would be double of what they are allowed onto the course; so I'd presume they'd give 7 or 8% offers.

It's likely that one who recieves an offer, will go to that uni, no?

At most it will be 10%, but I presume even less.

Oh yeah i see what you mean! Shizzzz.
Reply 52
Ellie4
You most be using some long words :biggrin:

Mine was 520 words and maxed-out on space, so clearly I am the long-word queen :smile:.

35%? Whilst I met people at my Cam interview who had been unsuccessful with Durham and/or Bristol, neither myself nor any of my 3 fellow hopefully-Oxbridge-to-be Geographers had problems getting offers from Durham or Bristol. Combined with the non-Oxbridge applicants, we also took 8 of the places Nottingham offered last year. So long as you have the grades and a good PS, you should be fine.
Reply 53
SiAnY
Durham's my first choice too but it's 8 hours away. DAMN IT. I wish i could move it down south. :biggrin:

Yep, same. London to Durham is quite the trek! But I think it's worth it.
Reply 54
SiAnY

Nooo not away from meee! :P
Ellie4
Yep, same. London to Durham is quite the trek! But I think it's worth it.

I live 2-3 hours from London (south). Ahhhh! Apply to Van Mildert everyone! :biggrin:
Reply 56
SiAnY
I live 2-3 hours from London (south). Ahhhh! Apply to Van Mildert everyone! :biggrin:

:eek: That was where I was going to apply too! Stop making more competition for us Sian!!! :biggrin:
Reply 57
Does each college have a certain number of places for Geography in Durham like the Oxbridge system works, or do they just have a number of places for the whole course?
Ellie4
:eek: That was where I was going to apply too!

Really?! Wow, cool! :biggrin:
Reply 59
Yes they do. I'm not sure whether it's a rigid number or somewhat more flexible though.

Latest

Trending

Trending