The Student Room Group

College a-level interview?

So i've applied to a lottt of pretty good colleges (around 10) and i've got 2 interviews next week, both prestigious. I don't know what to wear; obviously not a hoodie or anything, but is
a) a black bee-print blouse and blue jeans :/ ok? The jeans aren't ripped or anything, and I think it looks smart.
Or b) a red tartan skirt, black tights, and black turtleneck better? Too fancy?

Any jewelry? Makeup? Also, what things do I say to compliment the college? I want to make the best impression as it's pretty hard to get into, thankyou!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by zoe.biscuit
Any jewelry? Makeup? Also, what things do I say to compliment the college? I want to make the best impression as it's pretty hard to get into, thankyou!!

You won't be making the slightest difference to your chances of getting in by your choice in clothes. They probably won't give a damn about it - they're more interested in what you say and your academic potential.

Like a Cambridge interview, I'd suggest wear whatever makes you comfortable and allows you to not think about the clothes but instead think about the important stuff - impressing the interviewer with your answers. If being smart makes you feel comfortable and puts you in the 'zone', then by all means go smart; equally, if you're more a jeans 'n hoodie kinda girl, then wear that.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest