The Student Room Group

what is your Very British problem?

mine is this one above.
the #verybritishproblems are intriguing imo
what are yours?

btw keep it sensible please...:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have a Scottish problem - I can't pronounce the name 'Carl/Karl', it always comes out as 'Carol' :colondollar:

Do you guys have this same problem? :tongue: @cbreef @RossB1702
I worry when there's not a Waitrose within a 10 mile radius. Seriously. Needless to say, I try to avoid going to areas like this as much as possible.
Original post by Glassapple
I worry when there's not a Waitrose within a 10 mile radius. Seriously. Needless to say, I try to avoid going to areas like this as much as possible.

oh dear:frown: i heard they're quite expensive though + there isn't even one where I come from:smile:
Don't really like these 'British' things on Twitter. It should just be called poncy Southerner things imo.
Original post by bizzy_penguin
oh dear:frown: i heard they're quite expensive though + there isn't even one where I come from:smile:

They are quite expensive, which is why I go there. I wouldn't be able to step into your town/city if there wasn't one there :smile:
Original post by Wilfred Little
Don't really like these 'British' things on Twitter. It should just be called poncy Southerner things imo.

oh man the north / south divide is real...
They are quite expensive, which is why I go there. I wouldn't be able to step into your town/city if there wasn't one there :smile:

lol, may I ask why you shop they're if they're so expensive? I recommend Aldi.:tongue:
oh man the north / south divide is real...

I'm neither :smile:
I'm neither :smile:

:p::smile:
lol, may I ask why you shop they're if they're so expensive? I recommend Aldi.:tongue:

I can easily afford it and it's the best quality supermarket, which makes me feel good (and relaxed) about shopping there. I wouldn't step foot into an Aldi; even looking at one makes me feel worried and weird :p:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
Mine is social interaction in places where sarcasm is inappropriate eg interviews, funerals, dates ect. Not being allowed to be sarcastic or inappropriate really limits what I have to say. Also you don't be a pony southerner to have British problems. Take me for example peoples republic of Yorkshire born and raised.
I can easily afford it and it's the best quality supermarket, which makes me feel good (and relaxed) about shopping there. I wouldn't step foot into an Aldi; even looking at one makes me feel weird :p:

fair enough...:p:(:smile:
Reply 13
I can easily afford it and it's the best quality supermarket, which makes me feel good (and relaxed) about shopping there. I wouldn't step foot into an Aldi; even looking at one makes me feel worried and weird :p:

Also that's pretty poncy that mate
when your digestive biscuit breaks as you dunk it in tea?

this^^
Original post by ward47
Also that's pretty poncy that mate

So what? I bet you'd shop in Waitrose if you could afford it. I worry about what's in my food, who makes it and what other people think about what I eat and where I buy it from. I can afford premium so I buy it; it makes me feel relaxed about what I'm putting only body, because it's the best.
Original post by homeland.lsw
when your digestive biscuit breaks as you dunk it in tea?

#BritishProblems
i learned the wrong dressage test for a competition on my pony
My British problem is Wales is still part of it.

LET THE FLAMES OF POLITICAL WAR BEGIN

(edit: please don't)
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest