The Student Room Group

Edexcel Geog Unit 3 & 4: 6GE03 01 & 6GE04 01 - 05 & 09 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Hey Everyone!
This is a June 2017 thread for Edexcel A2 Geography!

Exam Dates
--> Unit 3 Contested Planet
MONDAY 5th JUNE 2017 - PM

--> Unit 4 Geographical Investigations
FRIDAY 9th JUNE 2017 - PM

-----------------------------------------------------
Please use this thread to share your ideas, predictions, revision notes and more!

6GE03 Unit 3 Pre-Release June 2017: Bridging the Development Gap

I will be uploading loads of resources soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey:smile:
I would be grateful for any resources, what grade do you want to achieve in geography?
Reply 2
Original post by Zino98
Hey Everyone!
This is the official June 2017 thread for Edexcel A2 Geography!

Exam Dates
--> Unit 3 Contested Planet
MONDAY 5th JUNE 2017 - PM

--> Unit 4 Geographical Investigations
FRIDAY 9th JUNE 2017 - PM

-----------------------------------------------------
Please use this thread to share your ideas, predictions, revision notes and more!

Predicted Pre Release for Unit 3:
Water Conflicts

(Personally, my favourite topics out of the 6 are Superpowers, Water and Development Gap)

I will be uploading loads of resources soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi!
I'm actually retaking unit 3 this year... sad times lol
I loved unit 4.
I will be studying development gap or biodiversity, energy security and superpowers this year.

I have heard people predict the pre-release to be development gap as apparently that has never occurred. I don't know though.
Thaks for making this thread!
Reply 3
Original post by Elen11
Hi!
I'm actually retaking unit 3 this year... sad times lol
I loved unit 4.
I will be studying development gap or biodiversity, energy security and superpowers this year.

I have heard people predict the pre-release to be development gap as apparently that has never occurred. I don't know though.
Thaks for making this thread!

Development gap has come up twice for pre-release
My school, as well as other schools from my friends predict it'll be Water Conflicts as this is the only topic not to have come up twice since the start of the specification.
I'm hating Unit 4 at the moment, we're studying cultural diversity and I find it really boring; I'd love to have done tectonic hazards and landscapes!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Zino98
Development gap has come up twice for pre-release
My school, as well as other schools from my friends predict it'll be Water Conflicts as this is the only topic not to have come up twice since the start of the specification.
I'm hating Unit 4 at the moment, we're studying cultural diversity and I find it really boring; I'd love to have done tectonic hazards and landscapes!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, good to know about the development gap!
I'll start revising soon I guess then.
Tectonic landscapes was really awesome to do as unit 4. Cultural diversity doesn't sound so bad, unless you're a real physical geography kind of person. The unit you do unit 4 on is up to the school right?
Reply 5
Don't forget to make a list of essential case studies!
(edited 7 years ago)
I've got 3 exams on this day, Geog paper 3, Politics paper 1 and general studies paper 1. Wish me luck
Reply 7
Original post by pezisland37
I've got 3 exams on this day, Geog paper 3, Politics paper 1 and general studies paper 1. Wish me luck

Good luck
Private message me if you'd like to be added to the group chat

Posted from TSR Mobile
I private messaged you please add me, cheers
Reply 9
Original post by Here2learn
I private messaged you please add me, cheers

Received your number, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zino98
Good luck
Private message me if you'd like to be added to the group chat

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll pm ya in a few days when I get my new number :smile:
Original post by Zino98
Hi Everyone

I've started a WhatsApp group chat for these two exams to share ideas, resources, predictions, revision pictures /notes and more!

If you'd like to be part of this chat please send me a private message. Please note this will involve giving your mobile phone number - however this chat is to be used for Geography unit 3 and 4 revision only.

Cheers!
Zino98

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is the point in starting a TSR thread if you just redirect everyone to a private WhatsApp chat?

If you're gonna share resources and exam tips - why not do it on the platform which was designed for that.
I think it will either be water conflicts or energy security for the pre-release!
Reply 13
Original post by harryleavey
What is the point in starting a TSR thread if you just redirect everyone to a private WhatsApp chat?

If you're gonna share resources and exam tips - why not do it on the platform which was designed for that.

It's your option whether you want to be in this chat or not.

I'll be posting and sharing resources too on this thread however no one else has shared any so far? But on this chat there's a mixture.

In addition, I directed people towards a chat to specifically discuss the pre release as well which is coming out very soon. It's vital we know as much info as possible to smash the section B part of the exam.

Simply, if you prefer to just see resources on threads, than do so. I'll be posting some resources soon but I can't speak for everyone, some people don't like their resources published but would rather share it with an enclosed group chat.

Hope that answers your question.

Thanks,
Zino98

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
I've just messaged you, please add me to the group chat!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 15
The pre-release comes out tomorrow, will anyone be able to send it to me as I'm retaking unit 3
Original post by Zino98
It's your option whether you want to be in this chat or not.

I'll be posting and sharing resources too on this thread however no one else has shared any so far? But on this chat there's a mixture.

In addition, I directed people towards a chat to specifically discuss the pre release as well which is coming out very soon. It's vital we know as much info as possible to smash the section B part of the exam.

Simply, if you prefer to just see resources on threads, than do so. I'll be posting some resources soon but I can't speak for everyone, some people don't like their resources published but would rather share it with an enclosed group chat.

Hope that answers your question.

Thanks,
Zino98

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough, but do you not think it would be better if everyone shared resources in one place?

I am sure everyone who has joined the chat would prefer to keep everything in one place too?

No one else has shared anything on this thread because you have taken them away with your WhatsApp chat.

I understand this is your thread, but if your gonna share stuff - Why not make it public?

:s-smilie::smile:
Original post by rmjp
The pre-release comes out tomorrow, will anyone be able to send it to me as I'm retaking unit 3

You should be able to get it from your exam centre (i.e your old college).

But I am sure it will be posted in this thread as soon as we have it.
Original post by rmjp
I've just messaged you, please add me to the group chat!

Can we try to keep things in one place?
Reply 19
Original post by harryleavey
Fair enough, but do you not think it would be better if everyone shared resources in one place?

I am sure everyone who has joined the chat would prefer to keep everything in one place too?

No one else has shared anything on this thread because you have taken them away with your WhatsApp chat.

I understand this is your thread, but if your gonna share stuff - Why not make it public?

:s-smilie::smile:

I haven't "taken" anyone anyway, it's completely up to them whether they wish to join this chat or not.

Please be assured that ALL resources shared on the WhatsApp group chat will be published on this very thread - no one will be 'losing out'
I will be publishing all resources from the WhatsApp chat onto this thread myself, so please be assured that this thread will be used.

Sometimes having a group chat made via members from TSR is a good way to engage in key discussions and topics that otherwise are not always discussed on threads. TSR threads mainly consist of resource sharing and ideas but with private group chats you are further encouraged to participate in discussions and share more!

More is better! And it will all be published on here so do not worry.

I hope this answers your question

Thanks,
Zino98

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply