The Student Room Group

JP Morgan Apprenticeship 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by maryamkj1
How did you find the video interview? What sort of questions should I expect? Sorry I'm just so nervous

Hiya :smile:

Umm if i think back, the video interview was okay, the only thing that i struggled on was the timing, i cant remember exactly but i believe you get a min to read the q and a min to answer it. My advice is research the company, programme and qualification, theyre not expecting a finance genius so you dont have to know anything specific about banking or investment.

Id also research jpm in the news as they may ask about a piece of news youre interested in atm.

Lastly, there will guaranteed a be a really weird question, like completely out of the blue, my question was what food would you take to a desert island so you could eat it forever and why, but the other guys who applied with me got some other random stuff like fave colour etc.

Dw yourself too much, take your time and think about the question but try and be quick and dont rush! Its not the end of the world if you dont get your whole answer out in the time as i didnt; but here i am messaging you from my desk at jpm now ha!

Goodluck and if you have me as a buddy when you start, youre the lucky one haha!
Hey,

Thank you so much!! I have honestly been stressing so much about this interview all week and I think after reading this, is the first time I have felt much calmer and at peace.

I have been continually researching the company and news articles so thank you for that and I think I'll just have to try my best and "wing" the out of the blue questions.
I didn't know that there was such a short time limit when answering the questions so thank you for that,I'll try and structure my answers accordingly.

I'm really really hoping I get in and I would deffo be super lucky if you were my mentor!

Thank you so much once again!

Original post by rm22

Umm if i think back, the video interview was okay, the only thing that i struggled on was the timing, i cant remember exactly but i believe you get a min to read the q and a min to answer it. My advice is research the company, programme and qualification, theyre not expecting a finance genius so you dont have to know anything specific about banking or investment.

Id also research jpm in the news as they may ask about a piece of news youre interested in atm.

Lastly, there will guaranteed a be a really weird question, like completely out of the blue, my question was what food would you take to a desert island so you could eat it forever and why, but the other guys who applied with me got some other random stuff like fave colour etc.

Dw yourself too much, take your time and think about the question but try and be quick and dont rush! Its not the end of the world if you dont get your whole answer out in the time as i didnt; but here i am messaging you from my desk at jpm now ha!

Goodluck and if you have me as a buddy when you start, youre the lucky one haha!
Original post by rm22

Hi! Im applying for financial services this year and have the insight evening this week. I don't know what to expect, could you offer me any advice?
Thank you in advance,
Casey :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending