The Student Room Group

Travelling and Working Aboard this summer!

Hi,

I am planning on flying to a resort destination (e.g., zante, magaluf, malia) and getting a job when I get there like in a bar or club. I was wondering if anyone has done this before?

If so, could you answer a few questions and worries i have:

1. How easy is it getting a job?
2. How easy is it to get accommodation once Ive got a job?

Kind regards,
Charlie
Reply 1
Finding a job is easy! Literally anywhere takes you on, you just have to walk in to a club/bar tell them you're looking for work and 9/10 times they take you on.
Accommodation on the other hand you need to book early. Most workers go out in April time so if you leave it too late it's pretty hard to find somewhere to stay.
Have a look on workers accommodation pages. Most places have workers pages on Facebook which are really good for advice.
Good luck!
Reply 2
It's all very easy if you do it right :smile: best avoid Ibiza as competition is very high and most workers are returning experienced ones. Magaluf too attracts a lot of competition for jobs but it does have more jobs on offer than the Greek resorts. Worked in Malia in 2014 but was there last August and it has got a lot quieter, I'd avoid if I were you. Zante probably your best bet of them all.

You should arrive at the start of June, no point going out in May unless you have enough money to keep you going until June because that's when these resorts start getting busy and bar owners take on people.

Accommodation usually shouldn't be a problem once you land a job. Just ask about and you'll get a room in no time.

I'd recommend you book a one or two week package holiday and then at least you have your hotel to stay in until you find work and if it's not for you then you can just get your return flight home. Simple :smile:

Relax the first day or two and get your bearings of the resort and chat to people about where is looking etc. If that doesn't land you a job then start at the top of the strip and ask everywhere if they are taking anyone on. If your confident and have good chat then you'll do very well as a PR. Otherwise there are bar and glass collecting jobs available.

Hope this helps!
Yeah getting work isn't too difficult but accommodation can sometimes be more tricky especially during the peak of summer. Aim to arrive early in the season if you are going solo. Also choose your destination carefully depending on your budget, Ibiza is ridiculously expensive You could also apply through a company like Air Pro Working Holidays, Playaway Abroad or Ibiza Intro who offer accommodation packages.
Reply 4
You can get a job is very easy. But the accommodation is get very difficult. Carefully choose the accommodation it depends on your budget. Accommodation are too costly on abroad. You can choose very carefully.You can search on workers accommodation pages it was helps you!

Quick Reply

Latest