The Student Room Group

Business A-Level or Economics?

I know I defo want to go into a career in either Biology or Chemistry (hence why I have picked them both for ALevel) however, I'm struggling to pick a 3rd option. Its between Business and Economics as I enjoy both but Economics a little more.
A lot of people are telling me to pick Business as its an easier Alevel than Economics and will allow me to focus on my BIO & CHEM MORE (as they're really hard). Would it be better for me to do a Business Alevel as its easier & have more time for the other subjects or to do Economics which is harder but I know a little more about? Thank you !!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by prxsh
I know I defo want to go into a career in either Biology or Chemistry (hence why I have picked them both for ALevel however, I'm struggling to pick a 3rd option. Its between Business and Economics as I enjoy both but Economics a little more.
A lot of people are telling me to pick Business as its an easier Alevel than Economics and will allow me to focus on my BIO & CHEM MORE (as they're really hard). Would it be better for me to do a Business Alevel as its easier & have more time for the other subjects or to do Economics which is harder but I know a little more about? Thank you !!

Do maths
You should choose the one you enjoy more. I take economics but not business, and although I can definitely confirm that it is extremely hard, you will be more motivated to work hard and understand the work if you enjoy it, than if you take a subject you don't like because it is said to be easier.
Reply 3
Original post by citibankrec
Do maths

Thanks but I don't particularly enjoy maths
Reply 4
Original post by IfYouCanDreamIt
You should choose the one you enjoy more. I take economics but not business, and although I can definitely confirm that it is extremely hard, you will be more motivated to work hard and understand the work if you enjoy it, than if you take a subject you don't like because it is said to be easier.

Thank you for your advice. If you don't mind me asking, which other subjects do you study? :-))
Original post by prxsh
Thank you for your advice. If you don't mind me asking, which other subjects do you study? :-))

Law, maths, and history. So a bit of a mix, I'm very indecisive about what I want to do in the future
Economics is more theory based although you do look into real examples. Business is seen as an easier A-level although universities have no problem with people taking it. Business Studies focuses on particular companies etc rather than theory about how things work. Personally I'd suggest taking Economics rather than Business.
Reply 7
Economics. You learn more, it's more interesting, it's far more respected

Quick Reply

Latest