The Student Room Group

Am I screwed because of my a levels?

I’m studying in year 12 right now and I am doing business, economics and maths. I had pretty good gcses all were 8s but my head of year would t allow me to take physics instead of business….. so knowing just how simmilar business and economics are I’m doing an EPQ and I’m also doing a Pearson BTEC AI course it’s not a double BTEC it’s just a bunch of briefs. I was super worried about my a levels so I also did a few online courses and went for a 3 week internship in the strategy department of a company.
I want to apply for economics at a top10(uk) ranked uni and I’m currently (only been a term) predicted A* Econ A* business and A* maths I’m confident I can achieve this in my exams at the end of this year and next( atleast an A* AA)
Would my subjects done at a level make it so that uni’s throw my application in the bin as soon as they see business and economics?
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Curiosstudent0-0
I’m studying in year 12 right now and I am doing business, economics and maths. I had pretty good gcses all were 8s but my head of year would t allow me to take physics instead of business….. so knowing just how simmilar business and economics are I’m doing an EPQ and I’m also doing a Pearson BTEC AI course it’s not a double BTEC it’s just a bunch of briefs. I was super worried about my a levels so I also did a few online courses and went for a 3 week internship in the strategy department of a company.
I want to apply for economics at a top10(uk) ranked uni and I’m currently (only been a term) predicted A* Econ A* business and A* maths I’m confident I can achieve this in my exams at the end of this year and next( atleast an A* AA)
Would my subjects done at a level make it so that uni’s throw my application in the bin as soon as they see business and economics?
Thanks

Cambridge, UCL and LSE either don't like the economics and business combo, or don't like business, so they are realistically out, but you wouldn't have a chance with Cambridge/LSE anyway as you don't have FM. You should be okay for most other top unis though.

Quick Reply

Latest