Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I would. I enjoy what I do at the moment, but I think I'll feel more fulfilled once I've settled into specialty training.

I'm not sure what I'd have done if I couldn't do medicine. Other fields which interest me include veterinary surgery, evolutionary biology, and aviation, so it probably would have been one of those.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RPool)
    Surely point 2 shows the understaffing? As in there aren't enough people in jobs.
    Yeah pretty much.

ReputationRep:
    Not in a million years

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I would.
    I wouldn't apply to study at the same Medical School though.

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably do something else... Perhaps a philosophy degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnotherMedic91)
    Not in a million years
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    No
    Genuine question, why don't you leave?

(Original post by notespad)
    Because some people enjoy pissing and moaning much more than they actually want to do anything about their life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notespad)
    Genuine answer. I'm trying. I have a non-medical interview...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Because some people enjoy pissing and moaning much more than they actually want to do anything about their life
    Because some people enjoy making baseless assumptions about other people's lives

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely I would. Of course there have been hard times and times when I doubted my choices. No job is perfect, and there are always going to be times when the grass looks greener elsewhere. But I love my job, and certainly couldn't see myself doing anything else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    Genuine answer. I'm trying. I have a non-medical interview...
    What field?

ReputationRep:
    As a penultimate year GEM, at times I wonder why I left a career behind for this, let's see how that changes once I qualify.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Or maybe they feel they've invested too much time and money to drop out? Maybe they have family pressure? Maybe they've been told (as I was) that it gets better when you actually start working, so they're persevering in the hope that they'll be happy eventually? Maybe they know exactly which specialty they want to go into, so find it difficult ploughing through placements that seem to have little relevance to their chosen field?

You probably shouldn't be so quick to judge.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely. I'm in my 4th year of medical school, and loving it. There are other careers I could do, but I don't think I'd enjoy any of them as much as medicine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.