The Student Room Group

What happens if I withdraw my application and start a new one for sept 2023?

So I dropped out of uni in February but decided that I'd like to reapply to start in first year again in sept 2023. I've received all of my offers now and haven't accepted any of them, because I don't want to do the course I originally applied for anymore. I don't enjoy the subject like I used to and really don't want to spend the next three years studying something that I hate. None of the universities I applied to offer anything remotely similar to what I want to do (fashion communication/journalism) so I can't ask my first choice about doing another course. I was thinking that I could withdraw my entire application and start again to apply for a course I actually want to do for this year at a uni that offers it? I was doing some research and it seems like if I withdraw the application now, I cannot reapply for this year at all and will have to wait until next academic year. Is this correct? I'm quite confused and lost here, any advice or answers would be very much appreciated...
You cannot make 2 applications for the same year. You can decline ALL your offers and apply through extra or clearing. Those are your only options.
Original post by swanseajack1
You cannot make 2 applications for the same year. You can decline ALL your offers and apply through extra or clearing. Those are your only options.

ok, thanks. that makes sense of it a little bit :smile:
Or you could plan a gap year and work out what you do want to study.
Gap year could b beneficial to do some work experience or
Volunteering
Original post by ebyrne2036
Gap year could b beneficial to do some work experience or
Volunteering

I have already taken a gap year and I've decided to do a course at college in september instead. thanks for the suggestion anyway :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending