The Student Room Group

Does she like me, is she ******* with me, or is she just my friend?

I’ve known this girl for a while now and its been a whole thing. When we met we liked eachother, dated for a little bit then had an argument and broke up. We ended up making up and agreeing to be friends but i started liking her again not long after. I didnt hide it very well and she definitely knew but it didnt stop her from hanging out with me we met pretty much every day.

After going on like this for a while i told myself that its pathetic and started getting over her, but just when i was about 99% of the way there one night we get drunk together and she’s all over me. Hugging, kisses on the cheek, straight up telling me “i could kiss you right now” and that shes had a crush on me. At this point i was being stubborn though, i had the mind set of “ive put all this work in to getting over you im not gonna throw it all away in one night” and just kinda laughed off her advances. I told myself she was just drunk but looking back at the time it was probably genuine.

The next day i realised that i kinda was still into her and was planning to tell her next time we went out. We had a couple drinks, got to the club and before i could even get a chance to properly talk to her she was off with any other guy that would talk to her.

I took that as her not being into me again and tried to shake it off again but couldnt. I was right back at square one.

After a few weeks of this i ended up getting wayy too drunk and telling her i really liked her and she flat out rejected me. We didnt talk for a few days, then we did and now we’re friends again. I really thought that that would be it and we were just gonna be friends but literally last week she invited me to stay at hers for the night since her parents were away. The plan was to watch movies and get a pizza but we ended up going out drinking. When we got back to her place i was setting myself up to sleep on the couch but she practically begged me to sleep in her bed with her and cuddle. We didnt do anything besides cuddle but i feel like thats not something you do with someone who you dont have at least *some* feelings for??

idk i just need an outside opinion i cant make heads or tails of it at this point.
This situation is designed so you cannot make heads or tails of it.

Sit down and think about your situation and ask yourself:

are you a time filler for her?

Some people love the game playing, wanting to be chased, wanting to be the world.

Is this who you want to be?

Call it quits - friends do not kiss and cuddle for hours on end, nor do they end up in bed.
Reply 2
Original post by NKNK12
This situation is designed so you cannot make heads or tails of it.

Sit down and think about your situation and ask yourself:

are you a time filler for her?

Some people love the game playing, wanting to be chased, wanting to be the world.

Is this who you want to be?

Call it quits - friends do not kiss and cuddle for hours on end, nor do they end up in bed.

i dont think im just a time filler for her, ive known her for long enough to know that shes a good person and wouldnt intentionally manipulate me like that. and i don't really give her any “chase” we just enjoy eachothers company and are together a lot of the time

i think im gonna just try and get over her again. i do really like just being around her even platonically but if it gets to that point where im seeing her as a friend and shes trying to pull me back in ill know somethings up
Original post by Anonymous #1
i dont think im just a time filler for her, ive known her for long enough to know that shes a good person and wouldnt intentionally manipulate me like that. and i don't really give her any “chase” we just enjoy eachothers company and are together a lot of the time

i think im gonna just try and get over her again. i do really like just being around her even platonically but if it gets to that point where im seeing her as a friend and shes trying to pull me back in ill know somethings up

well sadly your original post paints your friend in a very different light...

best of luck with whatever you decide.
I’ve known this girl for a while now and its been a whole thing. When we met we liked eachother, dated for a little bit then had an argument and broke up. We ended up making up and agreeing to be friends but i started liking her again not long after. I didnt hide it very well and she definitely knew but it didnt stop her from hanging out with me we met pretty much every day.

After going on like this for a while i told myself that its pathetic and started getting over her, but just when i was about 99% of the way there one night we get drunk together and she’s all over me. Hugging, kisses on the cheek, straight up telling me “i could kiss you right now” and that shes had a crush on me. At this point i was being stubborn though, i had the mind set of “ive put all this work in to getting over you im not gonna throw it all away in one night” and just kinda laughed off her advances. I told myself she was just drunk but looking back at the time it was probably genuine.

The next day i realised that i kinda was still into her and was planning to tell her next time we went out. We had a couple drinks, got to the club and before i could even get a chance to properly talk to her she was off with any other guy that would talk to her.

I took that as her not being into me again and tried to shake it off again but couldnt. I was right back at square one.

After a few weeks of this i ended up getting wayy too drunk and telling her i really liked her and she flat out rejected me. We didnt talk for a few days, then we did and now we’re friends again. I really thought that that would be it and we were just gonna be friends but literally last week she invited me to stay at hers for the night since her parents were away. The plan was to watch movies and get a pizza but we ended up going out drinking. When we got back to her place i was setting myself up to sleep on the couch but she practically begged me to sleep in her bed with her and cuddle. We didnt do anything besides cuddle but i feel like thats not something you do with someone who you dont have at least *some* feelings for??

idk i just need an outside opinion i cant make heads or tails of it at this point.

Sounds like shes playing with you, you should just get over her
I say this every time I see one of these:

Communicate with her!! Ask her!! There’s no harm in getting clarification!!

if i were you i would remove her from my life as life is too difficult anyways why make it more complicated? simplify the equation by removing her,easy. the ONLY reason why i would go through the pain of including is someone is if they are truly worth it. in this case it doesn't seem like that's true, so move on. but again your life, your decision this is just what i would do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending