The Student Room Group

Vodafone Grad Scheme 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
oh gosh I'm glad I'm not the only one then but sad it happened. I can't find anything to do with digital enterprise can you?!
Original post by APLiv17
oh gosh I'm glad I'm not the only one then but sad it happened. I can't find anything to do with digital enterprise can you?!

Not a lot no... But this is the link which is attached to one of the emails... It describes a bit more about the Digital Enterprise part of the business. Hope it helps!
http://www.vodafone.com/business/global-enterprise
Reply 82
thanks! see you tomorrow
Reply 83
What is everyone's thoughts about the graduate scheme being based in Newbury? I don't live anywhere near Newbury, I am from London and live about 60 miles from the Newbury HQ. If I am successful it will probably cost me thousands per year to get to work (with train fares etc). Company and role looks so great but I am worried about how I am going to commute, save money etc.

Anyone thought about this? Would be nice to hear a strategy, bound to be some Londoners who have applied!
Reply 84
Original post by tj_1234
What is everyone's thoughts about the graduate scheme being based in Newbury? I don't live anywhere near Newbury, I am from London and live about 60 miles from the Newbury HQ. If I am successful it will probably cost me thousands per year to get to work (with train fares etc). Company and role looks so great but I am worried about how I am going to commute, save money etc.

Anyone thought about this? Would be nice to hear a strategy, bound to be some Londoners who have applied!

Hi I haven't heard the best about it from someone who had an offer for the scheme last year & rejected it. I'm from Manchester so travelling very far to go to the AC tomorrow & I want a grad scheme in London for a couple years for the experience even though they have a Manchester campus I want to be in London for 2 years even if I don't save much my closest friends are there but it all depends on how much you want a scheme & how many offers you get or which!
Reply 85
Original post by APLiv17
Hi I haven't heard the best about it from someone who had an offer for the scheme last year & rejected it. I'm from Manchester so travelling very far to go to the AC tomorrow & I want a grad scheme in London for a couple years for the experience even though they have a Manchester campus I want to be in London for 2 years even if I don't save much my closest friends are there but it all depends on how much you want a scheme & how many offers you get or which!

That's very true. Credit to you for coming down from Manchester!
Reply 86
Original post by tj_1234
That's very true. Credit to you for coming down from Manchester!

Thanks! Are you attending tomorrow?
Reply 87
Original post by APLiv17
Thanks! Are you attending tomorrow?

No mine is next Tuesday, best of luck to you though!
Reply 88
I see, good luck to you too!
Did anyone heard back from Vodafone after assessment centre on the 8th of March?
Reply 90
Original post by petealex
Did anyone heard back from Vodafone after assessment centre on the 8th of March?

still waiting- they sent out an email saying we will hear back by the end of the week
Hello, is anyone going to the assessment centre for Commercial next Tuesday (20th) in Waterloo, London? Received a last minute invite today at 5pm
Reply 92
Original post by FuturisticOwl
Hello, is anyone going to the assessment centre for Commercial next Tuesday (20th) in Waterloo, London? Received a last minute invite today at 5pm

I thought the last AC was March 13?! I applied for Commercial & it got changed to digital enterprise & had the AC in Newbury on 8 March so no clue what's going on :/
Original post by APLiv17
I thought the last AC was March 13?! I applied for Commercial & it got changed to digital enterprise & had the AC in Newbury on 8 March so no clue what's going on :/

I don't have a clue either? I was initially supposed to do the HR scheme but had a university test so wasn't able to attend the AC on Feb 15th so got moved to Commercial.
Fingers crossed you get the job for Digital Enterprise as they're taking quite a while with the feedback
Reply 94
that's such a shame you weren't able to go. best of luck for next week! thank you
Yeah I have been told that assessment on the 13th is the last one!

So nerve cracking, still waiting on the answer :/
Original post by tj_1234

I live in London but accepted my offer in February so guess I'll be moving to either Reading or Newbury. Don't think I could hack the commute, not sure if you went to the assessment centre via train but it was absolutely rammed! The free vodafone bus that takes you between different stops in Newbury and the HQ is super convenient though so worth bearing in mind if you're thinking of moving.

As a side note, any other lurkers (like me) who have been accepted on to the Discover scheme?
Anybody going to the AC on the 29th this week?
Reply 98
Original post by prettyugly
Anybody going to the AC on the 29th this week?

I went to the AC on the 29th. I just heard back from this morning, and they have given me an offer! :smile: Have you heard back from them?
Original post by iman_s
I went to the AC on the 29th. I just heard back from this morning, and they have given me an offer! :smile: Have you heard back from them?

Congratsss! Are you taking up the offer? And yeah got the rejection email🤦🏽*♀️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending