The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Elitist?

I am aware of Loughboroughs great reputation, but someone told me that the university is very elitist and that there is a split between people who are very sporty and the people who are very smart. I was wondering if this was true?
Original post by AuroraDawn
I am aware of Loughboroughs great reputation, but someone told me that the university is very elitist and that there is a split between people who are very sporty and the people who are very smart. I was wondering if this was true?

Hi AuroraDawn

We do have very sporty people, we also have very smart people that is true. However we also have a huge variety of people from all different sorts of backgrounds. Elitist is the wrong word for Loughborough in my opinion. We have reasonably high entrance requirements so you have to have done pretty well at A level to get in, but that doesn't make us elitist. What we do want is for our students to be the very best they can be and help them to achieve that and also to be happy here. You're at uni for a pretty big chunk of your life, so we want our students to have the best possible all round experience they can have.

Does that make sense?
Vicky
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
I'm at lboro right now and can confirm this is not true :smile: as Vicky said there are very sporty people and also very smart people but most people are in the middle and you'll always find a group of people with the same interests! I was worried that the sporty people especially would be arrogant but everyone I've met here has been lovely.
Original post by lborostudent16
I'm at lboro right now and can confirm this is not true :smile: as Vicky said there are very sporty people and also very smart people but most people are in the middle and you'll always find a group of people with the same interests! I was worried that the sporty people especially would be arrogant but everyone I've met here has been lovely.

Great to hear you're having a good time lborostudent16 :cool:

Vicky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending