The Student Room Group

student science internships

Hi everyone, I'm not sure if this question is under the right topic but I figured I'd try anyway. I am second year student in pharmaceutical science and the problem is my academic record isn't the best. I got myself on the course but not at a RG uni but I have improved my grades. So I wanted to ask if anyone knew any ways to get internships like summer lab/research placements without the best background? Or if there are any smaller companies that would take me?
Thanks to whoever can give me some tips and examples!!
Please don't get hung up on not being at an RG uni. That doesn't mean much to an undergrad. Does your uni offer a year in industry or abroad? The best way to find out about placements or experience is to ask people in your dept. There may be positions going but they may be voluntary. There may also be schemes that you can apply for but they are very competitive. Otherwise just send prospective applications to companies local to you and see what happens.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
Please don't get hung up on not being at an RG uni. That doesn't mean much to an undergrad. Does your uni offer a year in industry or abroad? The best way to find out about placements or experience is to ask people in your dept. There may be positions going but they may be voluntary. There may also be schemes that you can apply for but they are very competitive. Otherwise just send prospective applications to companies local to you and see what happens.

Thanks for the reply! It is realistically almost impossible to get on one of these placements or internships as the competition is so high. Trying to find them online is very hard as well. I guess I'll just keep looking

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending