The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Conditional Offer from Warwick and Uncond from Cranfield, your help please!!!

Dear All,

I've got a conditional offer in Warwick for Msc Manufacturing systems engineering and management ! and Unconditional offer at Cranfield for Msc Engineering and management of manufaturing systems!!
I found that the modules in warwick are more technical, but in Cranfield there are more management modules ....
Tuition fees in Cranfield are less...
Is Warwick offering scholarships for overseas student? what do u think about both Uni? thank u
I know nothing about these particular courses but Warwick is a much more reputable university than Cranfield. Whether it's better (e.g. in terms of teaching quality), I don't know, but it certainly has a better reputation. If you are planning to work with people who will know the reputations of UK universities, these two are not in the same league.

Although league tables clearly aren't the final word on university quality, Warwick is consistently ranked in the top 10 within the UK. I cannot even see Cranfield University listed on The Guardian, The Times, or the Complete University Guide league tables, which each report the top >120 universities.

Warwick has a list of international scholarships here.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by MonteCristo
I know nothing about these particular courses but Warwick is a much more reputable university than Cranfield. Whether it's better (e.g. in terms of teaching quality), I don't know, but it certainly has a better reputation. If you are planning to work with people who will know the reputations of UK universities, these two are not in the same league.

Although league tables clearly aren't the final word on university quality, Warwick is consistently ranked in the top 10 within the UK. I cannot even see Cranfield University listed on The Guardian, The Times, or the Complete University Guide league tables, which each report the top >120 universities.

Warwick has a list of international scholarships here.

Thank you for ur help! Do student have the right to firm more than one offer? waiting for scholarship decision?
Original post by Hamdi26
Thank you for ur help! Do student have the right to firm more than one offer? waiting for scholarship decision?

Great question. I don't think so, though, but maybe someone else will know the answer. It was a long time ago that I applied through UCAS!
Original post by Hamdi26
Dear All,

I've got a conditional offer in Warwick for Msc Manufacturing systems engineering and management ! and Unconditional offer at Cranfield for Msc Engineering and management of manufaturing systems!!
I found that the modules in warwick are more technical, but in Cranfield there are more management modules ....
Tuition fees in Cranfield are less...
Is Warwick offering scholarships for overseas student? what do u think about both Uni? thank u

Hi Hamdi26,

Congratulations on your offer from Warwick and from Cranfield University. Both Universities are reputable and top in their fields and have partnered together on a good number of ventures. Like you, I am an international student, however, doing a PhD in Cranfield.

Cranfield is the UK-only postgraduate University, hence we are research-intensive and do not have any undergraduate courses or units. Hence we do not appear in the general university rankings website, as these tend to build their ranking on undergraduate courses. However, Cranfield is ranked top 50 in the world in mechanical, aeronautical and manufacturing engineering in 2016. The only UK universities in that list are Cambridge, Imperial and Oxford. As your course is a manufacturing course, Msc Engineering and management of Manufacturing Systems is ranked top 50 in the world.

https://www.theguardian.com/higher-education-network/2016/mar/22/qs-world-university-rankings-2016-mechanical-aeronautical-and-manufacturing-engineering.

Ultimately, it depends on what you want for an MSc. Cranfield offers the reputation, the industry connections and partnership (you will spend 4 months working on a live group project with 3-4 team members for an existing company) and, if you are keen on research after your degree, you will have the opportunity for that at Cranfield. I would suggest that you study the module contents and, perhaps, make a decision on it based on what you want from the modules.

I hope it goes well!:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Cranfield University
Hi Hamdi26,

Congratulations on your offer from Warwick and from Cranfield University. Both Universities are reputable and top in their fields and have partnered together on a good number of ventures. Like you, I am an international student, however, doing a PhD in Cranfield.

Cranfield is the UK-only postgraduate University, hence we are research-intensive and do not have any undergraduate courses or units. Hence we do not appear in the general university rankings website, as these tend to build their ranking on undergraduate courses. However, Cranfield is ranked top 50 in the world in mechanical, aeronautical and manufacturing engineering in 2016. The only UK universities in that list are Cambridge, Imperial and Oxford. As your course is a manufacturing course, Msc Engineering and management of Manufacturing Systems is ranked top 50 in the world.

https://www.theguardian.com/higher-education-network/2016/mar/22/qs-world-university-rankings-2016-mechanical-aeronautical-and-manufacturing-engineering.

Ultimately, it depends on what you want for an MSc. Cranfield offers the reputation, the industry connections and partnership (you will spend 4 months working on a live group project with 3-4 team members for an existing company) and, if you are keen on research after your degree, you will have the opportunity for that at Cranfield. I would suggest that you study the module contents and, perhaps, make a decision on it based on what you want from the modules.

I hope it goes well!:smile:

Yeah thank you! that s what I am doing! I found that the group project is very interesting and a plus for Cranfield ... However the course contenent is almost management oriented rather than manufacturing technics etc comparing to Warwick... Anyway... I am studying both offers from the different sides .. and i will choose the best for me
Original post by Hamdi26
Yeah thank you! that s what I am doing! I found that the group project is very interesting and a plus for Cranfield ... However the course contenent is almost management oriented rather than manufacturing technics etc comparing to Warwick... Anyway... I am studying both offers from the different sides .. and i will choose the best for me

You are welcome Hamid! Certainly, I would suggest, if I could, that you study the modules/ course content and find out what you would prefer. I haven't had a look at Warwick, however, as the name of the MSc courses are different, the modules will be different too. :smile:But both are top Unis— so you can be assured of a certain high, uncompromisable standard when you resume! All the best! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Cranfield University
You are welcome Hamid! Certainly, I would suggest, if I could, that you study the modules/ course content and find out what you would prefer. I haven't had a look at Warwick, however, as the name of the MSc courses are different, the modules will be different too. :smile:But both are top Unis— so you can be assured of a certain high, uncompromisable standard when you resume! All the best! :smile:

Almost both have same Msc ( Manufacturing systems mangmnt and eng / engineering and management of manfturing systems ) i will see the most generous in terms of scholarship ... anyway as u said both are excellent

Quick Reply

Latest