The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship 2017

They've opened applications today for the 2017 schemes.

5 schemes on offer at "higher" level:

Project Delivery (Project Management under a different name)
Business Admin
Digital
Commercial (Procurement & supply under a different name)
FInance

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/civil-service-fast-track-apprenticeship

Min starting salary (outside of London) £19500, inside London £22000

Scroll to see replies

--
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
I've applied for the Project Delivery scheme. Anxious for the online tests though, 6 minutes does not seem long enough at all!
I've applied for the project delivery one! The questions weren't exactly difficult but I timed out on both of them. Only a few questions away from finishing 😐😐
Reply 4
I've applied for the digital & tech as well, i genuinely wonder when they'll get back to everyone though, i really don't like being kept in the dark :afraid:
Applied for the business one, tests were easier than expected but did time out on both with about 4 questions on each to go. Situational judgment I found the most difficult, as it's your own interpretation of what is the most effective and least effective answer! Does anyone know how long the results take to come through? It said up to 8 weeks, I don't know if I can wait that long! 😂
Original post by BeckyA123
Applied for the business one, tests were easier than expected but did time out on both with about 4 questions on each to go. Situational judgment I found the most difficult, as it's your own interpretation of what is the most effective and least effective answer! Does anyone know how long the results take to come through? It said up to 8 weeks, I don't know if I can wait that long! 😂

Yeah it's suppose to be 8 weeks! Although I've looked at other years threads and it's almost certainly longer. I hate the wait too!
Has anyone used practice exam websites to prepare for the numerical, verbal and situational reasoning tests?
If so can you provide the web links?
Original post by applicationcen
Has anyone used practice exam websites to prepare for the numerical, verbal and situational reasoning tests?
If so can you provide the web links?

It's a hard thing to practice for. The numerical one I'd recommend just going over basic GCSE. For the situational reasoning tests I researched what they're looking for in an apprenticeship and answer accordingly.
Original post by danieeeyelle
It's a hard thing to practice for. The numerical one I'd recommend just going over basic GCSE. For the situational reasoning tests I researched what they're looking for in an apprenticeship and answer accordingly.

I downloaded the Competency Framework, 42 pages!

What you are saying is go through the whole apprenticeship site and gather what I can.
Reply 10
I applied the first week it was available and just got my email telling me to go the portal, where it says I've passed the online test.
Original post by JSyc
I applied the first week it was available and just got my email telling me to go the portal, where it says I've passed the online test.

That was really quick! How did you feel you did in the tests?
Hi guys, just wanted to let you all know that I have received my test results. I did the tests on Saturday the 25th of February and they got back to me saying I passed this morning :biggrin:
Hey guys I found out I passed the tests today does anyone know when the assessment centre will be ?
Reply 14
Has anyone from the Midlands heard anything back yet?
Hey guys,

How strict are they on the entry requirements?

For example, for the A-Level grades I didn't get the C's they want? Just wondering whether it would be a waste of time to go through the application process to find out I can't be offered one due to my grades.

If anyone could help, that would be great.

Thanks guys!
Original post by pzara
Has anyone from the Midlands heard anything back yet?

I'm in Shropshire and haven't heard back yet, did my tests on the 4th March. Hopefully hear soon!
Hey, I'm not sure if it'll help but it's maybe worth giving their facebook page a message - they replied really quickly to my message and are really helpful :smile: they also say phone 03000 54 22 11 if you need more help :smile:
Just been to an apprenticeship event in Telford and spoke to a nice pair of ladies from the DWP, was told that it would definitely be 8 weeks to hear back about the test results.. so now I'm not sure why people have already heard back! The wait is killing me! 😭😭
Reply 19
Original post by itzconnorx
Hey guys,

How strict are they on the entry requirements?

For example, for the A-Level grades I didn't get the C's they want? Just wondering whether it would be a waste of time to go through the application process to find out I can't be offered one due to my grades.

If anyone could help, that would be great.

Thanks guys!

I know they were really strict on the grade requirements last year, so can't see why it would have changed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending