The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship 2017

Scroll to see replies

Anybody calling?
Original post by DDzA911
I work in recruitment (Not dealing with this campaign) and the 'merit list' means nothing.

The merit list is the order of successful candidates with scores highest to lowest, however, as soon as new candidates are successful or someone declines/fails pre-employment checks the list all changes.

It is an extremely complicated process and matching candidates to posts is a nightmare because of their out-dated process. I would bet that the people we're calling and e-mailing will be a support team with very little (or no) access to scores and info, they will have a separate team that appoints candidates to posts. The 'appointments' team will have to plan the postings with the 'planning team' (Otherwise known as 'the business':wink:.

Basically- the people we are ringing will have zero impact on the speed of things, unless you have missed correspondence that they can re-send to you, they won't really help.. which sucks.

I am betting on an extended deadline- those of us that are right in the middle it will be a long wait. I would love to be proved wrong though.

That makes a lot of sense, it must be a very difficult process! Just really hoping it's sooner rather than later as the wait is getting unbearable now!
Just called them they said we may hear today if not it would be latest by next week so guessing today might not be the day 😞 Good luck guys!
Reply 783
Original post by Kellyg25
That makes a lot of sense, it must be a very difficult process! Just really hoping it's sooner rather than later as the wait is getting unbearable now!

It is unbearable, I'm sick of waiting.

I wish they would just give us realistic deadlines and proper information. I know its a hard process and I know that they don't have all the answers but they should agree an SLA and tell us the results as promised.
How can they not know when they can give them. They said everything is marked and just waiting for sign off. They told us there has been a pass grade established. Surely they have an allocated number of places each year so figures and financial side is covered. I feel like we're just being run around the mill. It is so frustrating. All they need to do is say yes or no. They can figure the exact placements after cant they? Unless the issue is that there are too many people who have made the grade for each department and so theyre having to cull? I feel like I'm just moaning about it but its frustrating. If this was a Uni placement or whatever they have a set deadline to allocate places. These guys gave us a set deadline that is now not so set. I hope that if we get in it's not quite so disorganised throughout the whole organisation?
I guess we won't be hearing today then! Another week of torture :smile:))))))))))))))))))))))))
Original post by Applications17
Just called them they said we may hear today if not it would be latest by next week so guessing today might not be the day 😞 Good luck guys!

Gaaaaaaaah.
I was proud of myself for getting through this week, the longest week ever, and now another one 😭😭
I was proud of myself for getting through this week, the longest week ever, and now another one 😭😭

I'm going to try and hold onto hope until 4pm........then it is wine time.
😂😂 wine time sounds good! I'm off to a comedy club tomorrow night which will hopefully take my mind off it for a few hours, I could definitely do with a laugh!!
😂😂 wine time sounds good! I'm off to a comedy club tomorrow night which will hopefully take my mind off it for a few hours, I could definitely do with a laugh!!

Definitely wine time tonight, long week of waiting!! I have a wedding tomorrow too so more wine to take my mind off it haha!
Just seen the Civil Service Fast Track page posted on facebook stating they are ''finalising scores and feedback and will inform you of your results next week.''

I'm not waiting for results. but I have been keeping an eye on this forum just to see how things all pan out.

Enjoy the weekend and get back to the constant refreshing of your emails Monday lol!
So annoyed that they told everyone it would be today! Why could they not have just said it could be next week...
Original post by Lewisj7
Just seen the Civil Service Fast Track page posted on facebook stating they are ''finalising scores and feedback and will inform you of your results next week.''

I'm not waiting for results. but I have been keeping an eye on this forum just to see how things all pan out.

Enjoy the weekend and get back to the constant refreshing of your emails Monday lol!

Thank you for that! I'm gonna stop hoping for anything today then and make the most of the weekend! Have a great weekend everybody, hope you all relax and I'm sure we will all be back on here Monday morning! Let the wine time commence!!
Original post by Old shellsbells
Has anyone been given a Liverpool/ Bootle/Netherton location ?I've not heard anything since AC in Newcastle on 1/6 .....

I was Newcastle 19/5 a nd I've still not heard a thing either
Original post by Lewisj7

Thanks for the heads up.....so much for an email update then. Wish they'd get their story straight.
IMG_8277.PNG
I heard about two and a half weeks ago that I passed the assessment day which was at the beginning of May in London but I haven't heard anything since. Some people had had their job offers already and was just wondering whether anyone knows when the rest get theirs, two people I know have their job offer for business and finance and I've applied for project delivery in London.
Original post by harveyspectreJD
I heard about two and a half weeks ago that I passed the assessment day which was at the beginning of May in London but I haven't heard anything since. Some people had had their job offers already and was just wondering whether anyone knows when the rest get theirs, two people I know have their job offer for business and finance and I've applied for project delivery in London.

Congratulations on passing!! I found out on the 30th of may that I had passed assessments and heard nothing until last week when I received an email to say that the roles and departments would be allocated between now and August. Hope this helps
Original post by harveyspectreJD

I'm still awaiting results but when I emailed them last week they said that we would all find out by the end of this week and that people would have their job offfers too. However, now that they've pushed the results deadline back, I'm assuming there must be delays with people receiving job offers too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending