The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship 2017

Scroll to see replies

Morning all

I had given up totally, was at AC Newcastle 24th May, asked for Liverpool first choice then Warrington, like you all I was checking 10 times an hour, one final check before bed last night and received email at 22:17 hrs, so dont give up hope or stop checking as they are still informing at this hour, I got in but no idea where or what job yet, marks below, by the way like everyone else stated the feedback is really good, good luck everyone and never give up until they tell you that you are not in

Leading & communicating3.04Collaborating & partnering3.08Delivering at pace2.94Changing & improving3.25Making effective decisions3.63Building capability for all3.00Motivational fit6.50
Hey guys,

Well done to all that have passed!

I received my results on Friday night! Here's my scores for reference;

Leading & communicating3.47Collaborating & partnering2.98Delivering at pace3.43Changing & improving3.51Making effective decisions3.00Building capability for all3.20Motivational fit7.25
Hey guys! I found out last night that I passed!!!

Really happy for everyone who has passed particularly Kelly. This site has become a little community and has been very supportive.

To those that didn't pass I hope you get where you want to be. Don't get down. Even if I didn't get it I was determined to learn from the experience.

My scores were all 3 or above with 7.25 motivational fit except for collaborating and partnering because I wrote one line on the second written task mainly and got a low 2 in that competency.

I'm sure I'm still will look here as I await my role/location.
Some people have had such amazing scores well done!! Mine were all quite low so I'm pretty sure I must have just made it, but a pass is a pass I guess 😊

Now we can all discuss our placements and roles etc when we get them, keep the community going!
Original post by blaast1999
Hey guys! I found out last night that I passed!!!

Really happy for everyone who has passed particularly Kelly. This site has become a little community and has been very supportive.

To those that didn't pass I hope you get where you want to be. Don't get down. Even if I didn't get it I was determined to learn from the experience.

My scores were all 3 or above with 7.25 motivational fit except for collaborating and partnering because I wrote one line on the second written task mainly and got a low 2 in that competency.

I'm sure I'm still will look here as I await my role/location.

Wooo well done!!! And thank you very much, so great to see that you've passed aswell, has been so lovely to see so many that have been on here from the start get through! I think I would of applied again next year if I hadn't as the feedback was great so best of luck to anyone who is thinking of doing this! I look forward to hearing which roles everyone gets now!
Original post by gemmacurriee
Some people have had such amazing scores well done!! Mine were all quite low so I'm pretty sure I must have just made it, but a pass is a pass I guess 😊

Now we can all discuss our placements and roles etc when we get them, keep the community going!

Mine were pretty low compared to lots of these too but the main thing is we made it!! I can't wait to hear what we get!
Such an exciting time ahead of us all!!! So excited to get in there and start a fresh. I'm a bit older than most people doing this so it's a big deal. I can't wait. You guys have been amazing. I'm almost a little sad that this part is over!!! Bring on the placements!!!!!! X
do you think everyone who passed is getting a placement or will some be on a reserve list? Nervous now waiting for the roles!!
Also congrats to everyone here! Been following the forum for months now and really helped me with the nervous wait 😂
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by rosiejoy176
do you think everyone who passed is getting a placement or will some be on a reserve list? Nervous now waiting for the roles!!
Also congrats to everyone here! Been following the forum for months now and really helped me with the nervous wait 😂

Oh god I didn't even think about that. I really hope no one ends up on the reserve list after this 😫
Original post by Kellyg25
Oh god I didn't even think about that. I really hope no one ends up on the reserve list after this 😫

If you have passed it states the below, as long as the checks pan out and you are not a major criminal or lunatic then you have a job

4. What happens next?

First, we'll match you to a role. Next, we'll contact you:

to confirm your allocated department and location

for some information for your pre-appointment security check

Original post by Dmurphy1999
If you have passed it states the below, as long as the checks pan out and you are not a major criminal or lunatic then you have a job

4. What happens next?

Ahh that's a very good point!! Thank you, you have reassured me 😂

4. What happens next?

Ah yeah that's the same I have, hopefully it's all good then! My scores were a bit low and have heard two other people got allocated roles in my city so a bit nervous but guess will just have to wait and see (again!). Thanks!
Is anyone looking to be placed in andover or Salisbury?
Also can anyone shed any light on the salary situation? I'm not sure how it works as it's such a big band?
Original post by Kellyg25
Ahh that's a very good point!! Thank you, you have reassured me 😂

ha ha no probs mate, your in, just the wait for the placement, salary etc now but put your mind at rest, should have something within 2 weeks looking at the other guys who got in
Reply 995
Also can anyone shed any light on the salary situation? I'm not sure how it works as it's such a big band?

The wide band is because each department has its own wage bands with those limits of 17,500 (22,000 in London) to 27,000. So I guess we won't know our personal salaries till we know what department we are in.
Original post by JSyc
The wide band is because each department has its own wage bands with those limits of 17,500 (22,000 in London) to 27,000. So I guess we won't know our personal salaries till we know what department we are in.

£19,500 is the minimum unless someone corrects me
Original post by JSyc

Thanks for that 😊 I'm hoping it's negotiable! I have a mortgage to pay 😂
£19,500 is the minimum unless someone corrects me

Yeh just had to double check myself then as started to doubt it, see below statement from .Gov

a permanent job with an excellent starting salary between £19,500 and £27,000 (£22,000 minimum in London)

Thanks for that 😊 I'm hoping it's negotiable! I have a mortgage to pay 😂

It wont be negotiable mate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending