The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship 2017

Scroll to see replies

Newcastle for me too and only location I put down. I put Finance 1st Business 2nd choice
Newcastle for me too!
I rang and apparently it's a misprint and should not have said anything about offers. It was sent to all candidates and anyone who had received it before only recived it because we found out earlier that we passed the AC. This was sent to all candidates to let everyone know what's happening.
I just got a general update email stating we'd find out between now and August I gotnso excited!
Original post by Emma2391
I just got a general update email stating we'd find out between now and August I gotnso excited!

What was your location preference if you don't mind me asking?
I think it's so weird that Newcastle people are the ones that have heard with the email names as an offer!
I received the same email this afternoon. My AC was in Newcastle, but my location is not...

Hopefully it's not too much longer for confirmation.
I've just received the email too. Thought it was my offer and got so excited!
I had one yesterday that I also thought was an offer but was a survey about the application process from another civil service job I applied for.
I've also applied for Newcastle... I found i had passed in May and got an email 3 weeks ago saying the same thing as this.
Hopefully it's not too much longer. Although I'm only holding out hope of august now 😂
Original post by lolly1999
What was your location preference if you don't mind me asking?

I'm hoping for Coventry or Birmingham at a push
I have had the generic email too. My ac was Manchester but area for role was leeds/Bradford/Shipley.

I got so excited then realised that's all it was!!! What happened to finding out by end of the week??
I also received that email and my preference was Newcastle
Has anyone received their offers for Coventry or Birmingham? I only put these two down as travelling any further would be way over 90 mins
Yay for generic e-mails... I got my hopes up too when I saw Initial Offer, I was so excited only to see that it was the generic e-mail others had :frown: Ah well I don't mind waiting longer. My mind has been elsewhere so it's not too bad for me right now.
In the email it says that roles are allocated in merit order taking into account scheme and location etc. Am I right in saying that means that if you got lower scores you'll be placed last? I think I did get quite low scores so feel like I stand no chance in getting my preferences considering some high scorers haven't! 😩
Original post by gemmacurriee
In the email it says that roles are allocated in merit order taking into account scheme and location etc. Am I right in saying that means that if you got lower scores you'll be placed last? I think I did get quite low scores so feel like I stand no chance in getting my preferences considering some high scorers haven't! 😩

I thought this as well... but I'm not sure if it's true. I think it might be on location and then score or maybe score doesn't come into it. As I know a few people who have already had placements and roles etc but who all scored lower than myself. And somebody higher than myself who hasn't been placed either.
All a bit confusing!
So I was told I scored highly and already no spots in the north west for the project delivery. Now I face a huge decision... I've been offered project delivery in London, which would mean expensive accommodation and a huge relocation however I'll be at the heart of the civil service and it would be amazing for my career moving forward as most of the main offices are based there. However I could stay at home and settle for the lower schemes which I could get in the north west.
What do you guys think I should do?
Original post by Benmezz
So I was told I scored highly and already no spots in the north west for the project delivery. Now I face a huge decision... I've been offered project delivery in London, which would mean expensive accommodation and a huge relocation however I'll be at the heart of the civil service and it would be amazing for my career moving forward as most of the main offices are based there. However I could stay at home and settle for the lower schemes which I could get in the north west.

I think you'd have to try and work out whether it would be financially worth it? I know the schemes in London get paid more but is it still enough to cover the cost of living? I personally feel like being based at a regional centre such as Manchester will offer enough opportunities by itself as I reckon they'll have you travelling down south a lot anyway. It's what you want at the end of the day, if you feel like London's the right step then go for it!
Original post by Benmezz

If you have no ties and no commitments I would move to London! It's an amazing opportunity with so much potential and realistically if you don't like it you could do 2 years and apply for local jobs once you've completed the apprenticeship. I'm 28 and have a 1 year old so my location is only Newcastle but if I was applying for this year's ago I would have took the plunge and moved. Think of the career as well as the lifestyle, your opportunities are endless.
I applied for Project Delivery across Blackpool, Liverpool, Manchester and Warrington and haven't yet received a message to say that there are no positions, is this a good sign or just purely because they haven't got around to me yet?
Original post by MushM1
I applied for Project Delivery across Blackpool, Liverpool, Manchester and Warrington and haven't yet received a message to say that there are no positions, is this a good sign or just purely because they haven't got around to me yet?

I think it might depend on scores, I applied for project delivery but I don't think my scores were that great so based on the generic email we got I think they will just put me in my other choice of schemes instead of giving me an option. But who knows! Nothing they do seems to make any sense haha.
Reply 1199
I attended Newcastle AC 13th May am, and received my email 30th May to say I had passed, I scored over 3.5 in 4 areas and had a motivational fit of 7, I'm guessing I was a 'higher scorer' but maybe that's wishful thinking. I had high hopes that been quickly told of my results after many had such a long wait that I may find out my placement sooner, but I'm frustrated and constantly checking my inbox, I too got super excited today when I saw an email from Fast Track but was disappointed to find it was a repeat of a previous email. It's such an anxious wait!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending