The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AmyJayne21
I'm 21! Have all my a levels etc. I provided my GCSE ones at the assessment centre too. I don't know why I'm so worried though!

I'm sure it will all come out in the wash!

The other thing to think about is that if it runs the same way as Fast Stream, then each scheme sets their own passmark at each stage, so it could be that whilst you passed assessment centre, you may not actually be in the running for PD due to their marks, and therefore they've only asked for GCSE's because this is all that the scheme(s) you've passed for require.
Original post by mjp73

The other thing to think about is that if it runs the same way as Fast Stream, then each scheme sets their own passmark at each stage, so it could be that whilst you passed assessment centre, you may not actually be in the running for PD due to their marks, and therefore they've only asked for GCSE's because this is all that the scheme(s) you've passed for require.

Yeah I suppose! I think people who have scored lower than me have positions though which is worrying I suppose
Original post by mjp73

Oh gosh don't say that! My scores were quite low and I only applied for PD, surely that's something they'd have told us pre-assessment centre or something as if I'd have known that I'd have really cracked down and prepared well! Getting so worried now 😩😩😩
Original post by gemmacurriee
Oh gosh don't say that! My scores were quite low and I only applied for PD, surely that's something they'd have told us pre-assessment centre or something as if I'd have known that I'd have really cracked down and prepared well! Getting so worried now 😩😩😩

As am I!! Where did you apply for?
I was sent a job description and role on Monday, I accepted the offer and was told to wait for further info. Is anyone else in the same boat? I still haven't had any pre-employment checks and don't want to miss anything!
Original post by Cr12345
I was sent a job description and role on Monday, I accepted the offer and was told to wait for further info. Is anyone else in the same boat? I still haven't had any pre-employment checks and don't want to miss anything!

Same boat! Accepted the role 10 days ago and still waiting for anything further
Original post by AmyJayne21
As am I!! Where did you apply for?

I applied for PD in Salisbury or Andover as they are my closest, I only want PD as well but as I say my scores were low compared to some on here so I'm now massively stressing out! Where did you apply?
I applied for PD in Salisbury or Andover as they are my closest, I only want PD as well but as I say my scores were low compared to some on here so I'm now massively stressing out! Where did you apply?

Why didn't you pick 2nd and 3rd options? Even as a back-up to not getting onto the PD scheme?
Original post by Gary/1234
Why didn't you pick 2nd and 3rd options? Even as a back-up to not getting onto the PD scheme?

I'm just really interested in PD and wasn't so interested in the others, and I have a job already so it was more of a situation where if I got on the scheme then great but if not it's not the end of the world. I do wish now that I'd added Commercial though!

I wouldn't panic! They have said they'll find everyone roles, unless you choose to be placed on the reserve list because locations etc don't suit needs.

They probably can't tell everyone everything before a.c - at that time they'll still be working out where all the roles are, and anyone who's ever worked in the CS will tell you that things change very quickly.
Original post by mjp73
I wouldn't panic! They have said they'll find everyone roles, unless you choose to be placed on the reserve list because locations etc don't suit needs.

They probably can't tell everyone everything before a.c - at that time they'll still be working out where all the roles are, and anyone who's ever worked in the CS will tell you that things change very quickly.

I will try not to panic, thank you 😊

Liverpool and Warrington!! I put business down as second choice but I'd rather PD! My scores were pretty high too compared to others I've seen. I am really scared! My employers already found out about the job
Reply 1432
For anyone who is still waiting, I got a request to send documents initialled N.S on Thursday, sent them on Friday and confirmed reciept by calling them on Monday. I have now just received an email offering me a place in the Ministry of Justice on the Business scheme pre employment checks and further details pending. So have hope for more news soon!
Original post by JSyc
For anyone who is still waiting, I got a request to send documents initialled N.S on Thursday, sent them on Friday and confirmed reciept by calling them on Monday. I have now just received an email offering me a place in the Ministry of Justice on the Business scheme pre employment checks and further details pending. So have hope for more news soon!

Congratulations what location? And I had to put FM on mine hopefully I'll hear something soon
Reply 1434
Original post by Joey194
Congratulations what location? And I had to put FM on mine hopefully I'll hear something soon

Location is London, both scheme and location were first preference.
I've had no contact from Fast Track since the initial "Congratulations, you've passed the assessment centre" email on the 3rd of July. Opened my emails up today to an offer for a placement in Digital & Tech located in Newcastle both my first preferences. Awaiting further details of job role which they've said should be received within 2 working days, Just hoping they don't request any further documentation to be sent but who knows.

Quite surprised I got first role and preference considering my scores in comparison with others where relatively low. Anyways I hope you all get the outcome you want :smile: I'm off to crack open a beer now the anxious wait is over :biggrin:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by mgrimes
I've had no contact from Fast Track since the initial "Congratulations, you've passed the assessment centre" email on the 3rd of July. Opened my emails up today to an offer for a placement in Digital & Tech located in Newcastle both my first preferences. Awaiting further details of job role which they've said should be received within 2 working days, Just hoping they don't request any further documentation to be sent but who knows.

Quite surprised I got first role and preference considering my scores in comparison with others where relatively low. Anyways I hope you all get the outcome you want :smile: I'm off to crack open a beer now the anxious wait is over :biggrin:

ah congrats. If they wanted extra docs they would have requested it before job offer so your fine. soo it looks like business and digital and tech have been handed out in Newcastle so far, just need them to tell me if I can have finance Newcastle or not.
Original post by Laurturn
ah congrats. If they wanted extra docs they would have requested it before job offer so your fine. soo it looks like business and digital and tech have been handed out in Newcastle so far, just need them to tell me if I can have finance Newcastle or not.

Fingers crossed for ya! Is that your first preference?
Original post by mgrimes
Fingers crossed for ya! Is that your first preference?

yeah, finance, business then commercial. not really too fussed on commercial if I'm honest, but will see. if I don't get it, I've lost nothing I'll just continue my accounting studies and try again next year.
Original post by Laurturn
yeah, finance, business then commercial. not really too fussed on commercial if I'm honest, but will see. if I don't get it, I've lost nothing I'll just continue my accounting studies and try again next year.

It seems quite a few people have gotten their first preference in Newcastle so don't lose hope! I think they're just gradually working through each scheme. Keep us updated :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending