The Student Room Group

Did my "friend" use me or am I being irrational?

Basically, I have this "best friend" which I made last year, through another girl who used to be my friend. Me and this other girl (let's call her J) fell out - for reasons I refuse to accept her apology. (In a nutshell, making it known to people she worked with I had depression when it was nothing to do with her) since then one of my "best friends" (let's call her K) ended up not really talking to her much last year..

She said she got fed up of J taking advantage of her, her having to pay for her drinks on a night out and basically moving into her own flat. All reasons were understandable and then me and K became very close friends Recently, since I got a job, J and K have become very close again and since then K has hardly wanted to hang around with me, hardly talks to me etc. I keep seeing on snapchat how they are close again, (J coming round her flat with J's cousin on nights out etc. Night out tonight and was randomly there last night too). I can't help but feel angry... If K thought J was using her so much, why she allowing that again?! And I feel like I have been used in a way. Maybe not intentional.

I dunno if I am being irrational or not. At the moment, I feel like cutting K out TBH. I don't like people who go back on their word but I also don't want J knowing my business which I know K would end up saying to her... Would you say my friend used me? Any advice? Am I being irrational? Opinions needed. Cheers.
Original post by Anonymous
Basically, I have this "best friend" which I made last year, through another girl who used to be my friend. Me and this other girl (let's call her J) fell out - for reasons I refuse to accept her apology. (In a nutshell, making it known to people she worked with I had depression when it was nothing to do with her) since then one of my "best friends" (let's call her K) ended up not really talking to her much last year..

She said she got fed up of J taking advantage of her, her having to pay for her drinks on a night out and basically moving into her own flat. All reasons were understandable and then me and K became very close friends Recently, since I got a job, J and K have become very close again and since then K has hardly wanted to hang around with me, hardly talks to me etc. I keep seeing on snapchat how they are close again, (J coming round her flat with J's cousin on nights out etc. Night out tonight and was randomly there last night too). I can't help but feel angry... If K thought J was using her so much, why she allowing that again?! And I feel like I have been used in a way. Maybe not intentional.

I dunno if I am being irrational or not. At the moment, I feel like cutting K out TBH. I don't like people who go back on their word but I also don't want J knowing my business which I know K would end up saying to her... Would you say my friend used me? Any advice? Am I being irrational? Opinions needed. Cheers.

So J is out of the picture.
You dont like the fact K was fiends with you and has now gone back to K?
Tbh just cut K out if you feel she isnt your friend anymore. You seem to want a friend that wont share anything with J and will make time for you? K doesnt meet these criteria. A new friend will know neither of them.

Its just one of those things. I wouldnt get yourself worked up about K spending time with J, maybe you are around less? in any event just move on.
Reply 2
Well, a lot of this information is superficial but its simply possible that your friend K is a hypocrite, easily manipulated by J, etc and therefore is now friends with J again. I doubt K has intentionally used you in any way, however I think she/he was probably in need of a friend when stopping talking with J and as it has been a long amount of time, perhaps K has simply not taken what J has done to extreme severity, maybe it is a big issue for you but not to K. At any rate I am skeptical of the notion that anyone intentionally uses each other. After all we are human beings and you can break down any sort of relationship to simply using each other, whether it be for entertainment, comedy, love, sex, or perhaps even hatred, people get bored and reckless with their relationships and perhaps change their mind on what annoys with somebody over time, I suspect this to be the case with K.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending