Turn on thread page Beta

Questioning the theory of fundamental particles watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by female_engineer)
    OK then . I've never touched on stuff like relativity in my A-level so obviously my interest in physics has come from the stuff like Newtons laws and mechanics, which if I will be becoming 'intimately aquainted' with then that's fine for me.
    Hehe

As an aero eng, you'll be becoming very intimate with Mr Navier and Mr Stokes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    Hehe

As an aero eng, you'll be becoming very intimate with Mr Navier and Mr Stokes!
    Mr Stokes is already a favourite of mine :rolleyes:, I enjoyed learning about him in the unit where I got to experiment with honey and ball bearings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by female_engineer)
    Mr Stokes is already a favourite of mine :rolleyes:, I enjoyed learning about him in the unit where I got to experiment with honey and ball bearings
    You'll prob do that experiment again!

Flow around a sphere is a classic fluids experiment for undergrads!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    You'll prob do that experiment again!

Flow around a sphere is a classic fluids experiment for undergrads!
    Yay!!

ReputationRep:
    Okay, and I thought I was vaguely strange!

I enjoy doing maths and physics but I wanted some type of guarantee I wouldn't end up dead in the water come employment (though clearly mathematicians and physicists have far reaching importance!). So I decided to opt for an engineering type course (electronics and electrical eng.).

I'm hedging my bets slightly on this being the way I want to go though I have interest in this area (more microelectronics and the maths involved there). I might combine with physics but we'll see, I'd like to think us engineers have a decent grasp of physics. Not just sub-standard physicists who're more interested in building things! Though more likely than not I'm completely wrong

We need more engineers in this country!

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.