The Student Room Group

What foods/drink cause acne?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Steljoy
My acne cleaned up once I stopped having sugary products such as chocolate, sweets or sodas.

I also use "L'Oreal Men Expert Black Charcoal Wash" which has helped a lot but idk what the female version of it is.

41S4rN1wmUL._SY355_.jpg

So now, you dont have any sugary foods? thanks
Original post by emerald7770
So now, you dont have any sugary foods? thanks

I do, just very little compared to before haha, glad you found it helpful!
Original post by Steljoy
I do, just very little compared to before haha, glad you found it helpful!

Yayyyyyyy thank you
Someone told me on here, that science proves that dairy does not cause it and that was coming from a scientist. But is there anything else? Because i eat like **** and i use skincare products and they don't work?

I think the scientific literature is not greatly developed on this, at least not the last time I checked. That is probably because it relates to so many factors including your own physiology. I think reducing deep-fried food would be good, drinking lots of water, increasing fruit and veg intake, and generally roughage. I think dairy is fine (at least for me it is), but if you find you are reacting badly to it, reduce or cut it out. Exercising is good too, and from experience just stick to a general face wash, for sure not one that dries out your skin, for cleanliness sake. Keeping good hygiene is important!
Reply 24
I've used egg white and it was quite helpful.
They say lemon juice is good,but my skin is very sensitive.
Original post by XavierMyshkin
I think the scientific literature is not greatly developed on this, at least not the last time I checked. That is probably because it relates to so many factors including your own physiology. I think reducing deep-fried food would be good, drinking lots of water, increasing fruit and veg intake, and generally roughage. I think dairy is fine (at least for me it is), but if you find you are reacting badly to it, reduce or cut it out. Exercising is good too, and from experience just stick to a general face wash, for sure not one that dries out your skin, for cleanliness sake. Keeping good hygiene is important!

gr8888888 advice, thanks lovely :biggrin:
Original post by Ann UK
I've used egg white and it was quite helpful.
They say lemon juice is good,but my skin is very sensitive.

yeah im gonna use that as a mask with cinamon
gr8888888 advice, thanks lovely :biggrin:

Any time ... you are very welcome :smile: I hope it helps!
Reply 28
Sulphur soap helps with mine. Chocolate also makes my acne act up. Other than that, can't really help

Quick Reply

Latest