The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Help- 36 or 40 week contract for acccommodation

Hi
Any advice on which to choose , I will be doing business & management and don't know which contract term I should be choosing ?
Reply 1
Original post by san01
Hi
Any advice on which to choose , I will be doing business & management and don't know which contract term I should be choosing ?

If you choose 36 weeks then you need to vacate your room completely over the Easter holidays. This means that you will have to go back home (or elsewhere) for the holidays, but you will also have to take all of your belongings too. So think about how you will be getting to and from uni - i you have a difficult train journey, this might not be practical as you'll have several suitcases etc to take on the train.

If you choose 40 weeks, you can leave all your things in your room during the Easter holidays. So you can go home if you wish, but you can leave your things behind (obviously you'll have to take enough clothes etc for the stay, but you don't need to lug the duvet, toaster and traffic cone home).

Both options do not include accommodation over the summer holidays. So you either need to sort out your second year accommodation so you can take your belongings directly there are the start of the holidays, or take everything home and then back to uni.
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
ok a little confused as the 36w on the contract is from 22nd Sept to 1st June 2018, so not during Easter

I have opted for 40w as this takes you to 29th June 2018, and apparently this year, the uni closes 15th June, so based it on that.

There is no info out there to help with this which is annoying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending