The Student Room Group

Help with Salford Zoology timetable

I am hoping to transfer to Salford uni in September however there are lectures time tabled past 5. I start work at 5 so I would not be able to attend these lectures. Does anyone know if i would end up getting kicked out? Or if they let you catch up on lectures in your own time?
Original post by morganeluke
I am hoping to transfer to Salford uni in September however there are lectures time tabled past 5. I start work at 5 so I would not be able to attend these lectures. Does anyone know if i would end up getting kicked out? Or if they let you catch up on lectures in your own time?

You'd be expected to fit any paid employment around your university timetable, not the other way round. I think there'd be quite an issue if you were routinely missing all lectures scheduled after a certain time - it's not a distance learning course so catching up on lectures in your own time isn't really a viable option.

Sorry to be negative, but this is how it works. Maybe you need to look at changing your work hours, as it's not particularly uncommon to have lectures or classes that go on past 5pm.
Reply 2
Original post by Reality Check
You'd be expected to fit any paid employment around your university timetable, not the other way round. I think there'd be quite an issue if you were routinely missing all lectures scheduled after a certain time - it's not a distance learning course so catching up on lectures in your own time isn't really a viable option.

Sorry to be negative, but this is how it works. Maybe you need to look at changing your work hours, as it's not particularly uncommon to have lectures or classes that go on past 5pm.

Ahhh no worries this is what I thought to be honest, I have a extremely good job with specific work times so changing the hours is not an option however I am allowed to be late every so often for labs or important lectures etc. I am currently studying a course that always finishes before 5 except from labs so I guess I'll just have to stay here.
I was going to study part time but they run at 4-6 in the second year 😭
Ahhh no worries this is what I thought to be honest, I have a extremely good job with specific work times so changing the hours is not an option however I am allowed to be late every so often for labs or important lectures etc. I am currently studying a course that always finishes before 5 except from labs so I guess I'll just have to stay here.
I was going to study part time but they run at 4-6 in the second year 😭

Yes, late lectures can really be quite an issue if you're working. It might be worth contacting the university concerned to run through it with them. If you're doing well and on top of the work, they may be prepared to overlook your missing a few lectures: no-one expects 100% attendance. It think it's a case of exactly how many you'd be missing, and how crucial they'd be. Basically, I wouldn't write it off totally before speaking to someone about it. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Reality Check
Yes, late lectures can really be quite an issue if you're working. It might be worth contacting the university concerned to run through it with them. If you're doing well and on top of the work, they may be prepared to overlook your missing a few lectures: no-one expects 100% attendance. It think it's a case of exactly how many you'd be missing, and how crucial they'd be. Basically, I wouldn't write it off totally before speaking to someone about it. :smile:

Thankyou for your help😊 I'll contact them and find out! It would be a shame if I couldn't study it.
Thankyou for your help😊 I'll contact them and find out! It would be a shame if I couldn't study it.

You're welcome - and absolutely: it would be a shame if you couldn't do the course because of timetabling issues. Hopefully, they can do something for you about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending