The Student Room Group

Too scared to send a simple text

To cut a long story short I'm playing guitar as part of a gig for my guitar lessons so will be playing one song.

I asked this girl I'm friends with if she would like to go and she said yes. The tickets have arrived and I'm too scared to send her a simple text saying "tickets have arrived I'll have to give you them some time" that's all I need to say yet i'm too nervous to text her.

I always seem to get nervous before texting her I overthink a lot and it really hinders my life. I don't go out much due to home circumstances and I went out for the first time in ages because of her and had dinner and she said she wants to take me out for a drink and I've never even been drunk before but haven't told her. I just don't know what to do anymore I feel she has the potential to improve my social life yet I'm too scared to send her a simple text. What is wrong with me?
Original post by oZombiex2
To cut a long story short I'm playing guitar as part of a gig for my guitar lessons so will be playing one song.

I asked this girl I'm friends with if she would like to go and she said yes. The tickets have arrived and I'm too scared to send her a simple text saying "tickets have arrived I'll have to give you them some time" that's all I need to say yet i'm too nervous to text her.

I always seem to get nervous before texting her I overthink a lot and it really hinders my life. I don't go out much due to home circumstances and I went out for the first time in ages because of her and had dinner and she said she wants to take me out for a drink and I've never even been drunk before but haven't told her. I just don't know what to do anymore I feel she has the potential to improve my social life yet I'm too scared to send her a simple text. What is wrong with me?

My opinion is that no external force can fully change your circumstances unless you own and embrace it. In other words, don't think she will or can improve your circumstances, rather, think about what you want and be natural. Only until you accept that you are enough, can you be happy and content with your actions. Even with that said, you might need to step out of your shoes at the moment, and forget that this is not all about you. Apologies if that sounds harsh or weird, but if you can tap into what someone else's feeling or could feel, then maybe you will see things in a different light. Like, what if she's wondering about the tickets - best not to keep someone waiting thinking about that, I think anyway.
Reply 2
Don't think about the outcome, just send the text. You are worried about what she could say and you can't assume what she'll reply.
Reply 3
Original post by Kiritsugu
My opinion is that no external force can fully change your circumstances unless you own and embrace it. In other words, don't think she will or can improve your circumstances, rather, think about what you want and be natural. Only until you accept that you are enough, can you be happy and content with your actions. Even with that said, you might need to step out of your shoes at the moment, and forget that this is not all about you. Apologies if that sounds harsh or weird, but if you can tap into what someone else's feeling or could feel, then maybe you will see things in a different light. Like, what if she's wondering about the tickets - best not to keep someone waiting thinking about that, I think anyway.

Yes I think your right. Just wish this nervousness didn't come over me.
Yes I think your right. Just wish this nervousness didn't come over me.

What's got you so nervous? Are you nervous about meeting her at that place, or do you think something like she's going to say no? If so, the best thing to do is to directly and verbally inform her e.g. via phone call.
Reply 5
Original post by Kiritsugu
What's got you so nervous? Are you nervous about meeting her at that place, or do you think something like she's going to say no? If so, the best thing to do is to directly and verbally inform her e.g. via phone call.

I really don't know I tend to overthink everything I say and do and the second I send a text I worry about the wording and how she will interpret it. I think I'm a bit nervous as well because I'm going for my first ever drink at a pub with her and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get drunk and I'm worried she'll know I've never been drunk before and I doubt I will be able to handle it that well since it would be my first time. I'm just worried what I'll say to her as well I've had feelings for her before and I'm worried I'll tell her after I've had a few drinks.
I really don't know I tend to overthink everything I say and do and the second I send a text I worry about the wording and how she will interpret it. I think I'm a bit nervous as well because I'm going for my first ever drink at a pub with her and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get drunk and I'm worried she'll know I've never been drunk before and I doubt I will be able to handle it that well since it would be my first time. I'm just worried what I'll say to her as well I've had feelings for her before and I'm worried I'll tell her after I've had a few drinks.

Can't give you any advice apart from don't get drunk in that case. I'm not really sure about this. hmm....

What's a text compared to a drink?

And by the way, drink slowly so you can get a better feel of when you're feeling tipsy and stop after that. I'm sure she'd be worse off if she found you collapsed after a while because you didn't tell her it's your first time.

I can understand why you're so nervous - I can only say it's normal. Enjoy your time though - let it be a nice time, rather than a 'ruined one' :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending