The Student Room Group

why he takes hours to reply

So I’ve been talking to the guy I like for 5 days now. He was liking my IG stories quite a lot recently and he also replied my story. We texted for a while then he liked my last message, I feel like he couldnt figure out wheter I’m interested or no. I see those as signs of interest. So couple of days later I texted him so he can see that I like him too! Now it’s been 5days being in everyday contact. I feel like he likes me but he gives me mixed signals. He takes too long to respond, but I know he’s online. I takes usually around 1 hour or 2 to reply. But when he replies it’s never dry response, he sends quite long text so the conversation is never boring it just takes a long time.. what do you think of this behaviour? Does he like me or not. I keep telling myself that it’s just beginning and I should be patient but idk..
I think that there are signs of him liking you. However, 5 days is way too short to know - I would say wait at least 2 months before you try and initiate a relationship so that you can know what they are like and see whether they actually do like you or if it is just their personality.
Reply 2
Original post by taylor2317
I think that there are signs of him liking you. However, 5 days is way too short to know - I would say wait at least 2 months before you try and initiate a relationship so that you can know what they are like and see whether they actually do like you or if it is just their personality.

Ok so I should stay in touch with him right? Idk I dont want to feel like I’m bothering or something.. But If I was bothering him he would probably leave on seen or liked my message or respond dry..
It's hard to know what he's really like without knowing what the topics of conversations you talk about are. He might be busy doing other things or he may respond when he feels like it.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
So I’ve been talking to the guy I like for 5 days now. He was liking my IG stories quite a lot recently and he also replied my story. We texted for a while then he liked my last message, I feel like he couldnt figure out wheter I’m interested or no. I see those as signs of interest. So couple of days later I texted him so he can see that I like him too! Now it’s been 5days being in everyday contact. I feel like he likes me but he gives me mixed signals. He takes too long to respond, but I know he’s online. I takes usually around 1 hour or 2 to reply. But when he replies it’s never dry response, he sends quite long text so the conversation is never boring it just takes a long time.. what do you think of this behaviour? Does he like me or not. I keep telling myself that it’s just beginning and I should be patient but idk..

I can't understand people who do everything on messages; as long as you are doing that he's just an online acquaintance who owes you nothing. Plus you can't tell that much over words on a screen. If you're that interested, phone him up and ask him on a date!
Reply 5
Original post by Surnia
I can't understand people who do everything on messages; as long as you are doing that he's just an online acquaintance who owes you nothing. Plus you can't tell that much over words on a screen. If you're that interested, phone him up and ask him on a date!

Idk maybe I’m just really young but if I met someone online and they’ve ask me on a date straight away without getting to know each other through messages or calls for some time, I would think they only want to meet up for sexual advances.
Reply 6
Original post by Kschu
Idk maybe I’m just really young but if I met someone online and they’ve ask me on a date straight away without getting to know each other through messages or calls for some time, I would think they only want to meet up for sexual advances.

If you're really young, why are you interested in this guy? Either you shouldn't be engaging in these conversations or you're old enough to be mature about having a relationship.

Forget this 'talking stage' bs; you date to get to know each other because you can see how they interact not only with you, but with other people. If someone suggested coffee or lunch, why would you think they just want sex?
Reply 7
Original post by Surnia
If you're really young, why are you interested in this guy? Either you shouldn't be engaging in these conversations or you're old enough to be mature about having a relationship.

Forget this 'talking stage' bs; you date to get to know each other because you can see how they interact not only with you, but with other people. If someone suggested coffee or lunch, why would you think they just want sex?

Btw I’m not OP, i just said my opinion on having dates straight away without messaging for some time, specially if I just met the person online and not in person.
Reply 8
Original post by Kschu
Btw I’m not OP, i just said my opinion on having dates straight away without messaging for some time, specially if I just met the person online and not inperson.so.

Sorry, thought you'd come off Anon. Comments still stand, though.
Ok so I should stay in touch with him right? Idk I dont want to feel like I’m bothering or something.. But If I was bothering him he would probably leave on seen or liked my message or respond dry..

Yh I would keep talking to him. What is the age difference between you?
Reply 10
Yh I would keep talking to him. What is the age difference between you?

he’s 5months older so it’s same age
he’s 5months older so it’s same age

ah ok that seems fine. as i said earlier, I would keep talking for at least 2 months to get to know him a bit better before u make any decisions as u may end up regretting them later if you rush into things...
Reply 12
ah ok that seems fine. as i said earlier, I would keep talking for at least 2 months to get to know him a bit better before u make any decisions as u may end up regretting them later if you rush into things...

we know each other a quite a lot. We are in same group of friends. We all hang out together on free weekends. We’re just not that close..
Reply 13
You're not his first priority.
He's got other things or people to attend to before he gets to you.
Reply 14
Original post by xox416
You're not his first priority.
He's got other things or people to attend to before he gets to you.

Yeah I totally agree, that’s why I’m not sure about staying in touch with him.. Things have been different between us past two years. He knew I liked him a lot, he was scared of relationship, I feel like he has trauma from it. But some time has passed by already. It’s time to be confident and not scared. Maybe he’s still figuring out What should he do, maybe he’s trying to find himself. We can never know the inner battle one can have.. Ofc I dont want to feed my delusions I’m just ratioanlly due to all the factors from past
Reply 15
Yeah I totally agree, that’s why I’m not sure about staying in touch with him.. Things have been different between us past two years. He knew I liked him a lot, he was scared of relationship, I feel like he has trauma from it. But some time has passed by already. It’s time to be confident and not scared. Maybe he’s still figuring out What should he do, maybe he’s trying to find himself. We can never know the inner battle one can have.. Ofc I dont want to feed my delusions I’m just ratioanlly due to all the factors from past

I’m sorry I meant trauma from his past relationship with his ex, not trauma bcs of me😅

same situation as me. It can be so hard meeting guys online I’ve been talking to this guy on snapchat for two weeks and he said he likes me and finds me attractive but idk wether to believe that he actually likes me for me and not just for sex
You can't expect to be a priority in his life after only five days. Of course other things come first. He'll respond to you when he has time. Don't count how many minutes or hours elapse between responses, because it is not relative or indicative of his interest. Gauge his interest by what he is actually saying.

I'm going to echo @Surnia here and say if you like him then ask him on a date. Texting is the most inconvienent way to get to know someone. Over text things tend to die before they even begin.
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending