The Student Room Group

How to afford to live on a low maintenance loan?

Long story short I would start university in 2018. My household income is quite high, but all that income is my mother's boyfriend, who is not going to help pay for my living costs at uni. I'd be getting £3928 from the loan, but the average accommodation fees for the universities with my course are at least £5200 annually. I really just need advice, like how do you get a job when you are moving away for university? There is no courses like the one I want to do within commuting distance >.<

Thanks for any help x3
Original post by SilverSierra
Long story short I would start university in 2018. My household income is quite high, but all that income is my mother's boyfriend, who is not going to help pay for my living costs at uni. I'd be getting £3928 from the loan, but the average accommodation fees for the universities with my course are at least £5200 annually. I really just need advice, like how do you get a job when you are moving away for university? There is no courses like the one I want to do within commuting distance >.<

Thanks for any help x3

Moved to Student Financial Support

It might be cheaper to live in a student house, rather than halls?
Get a job
Live in a student house
Shop at Aldi/Lidl rather than morrisons
Buy frozen/shelf food as it lasts longer
Original post by SilverSierra

Thanks for any help x3

Try and part time job asap and start saving up to bridge the intial gap. Retailers are used to students either leaving to move to uni or if its a big chain they might let you transfer to a store in the uni town.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending