The Student Room Group

Change of household income

Hi,

My parents are in the process of getting a divorce, and they currently do not live together, and they have not been living together for the past few months. I live with my mum, and I have had no contact with my dad for the time he has been living away.

When I first applied to student finance for my maintenance loan, my parents were living together and had not started the divorce process, therefore I declared them both on the form and both their incomes were considered for the household income.

My mum's income is much lower than my dad's, and now she is the only parent I am living with, financing my degree with such a low maintenance loan has become difficult. My dad makes no financial contribution to supporting my degree. This means I need to request to change the amount of maintenance loan I get based off just my mum's income.

Does anyone know how I might go about this- I have no idea where to start!

Thanks
Original post by carys10987
Hi,

My parents are in the process of getting a divorce, and they currently do not live together, and they have not been living together for the past few months. I live with my mum, and I have had no contact with my dad for the time he has been living away.

When I first applied to student finance for my maintenance loan, my parents were living together and had not started the divorce process, therefore I declared them both on the form and both their incomes were considered for the household income.

My mum's income is much lower than my dad's, and now she is the only parent I am living with, financing my degree with such a low maintenance loan has become difficult. My dad makes no financial contribution to supporting my degree. This means I need to request to change the amount of maintenance loan I get based off just my mum's income.

Does anyone know how I might go about this- I have no idea where to start!

Thanks

Hi there,

Your mum can complete the Marital Status Declaration form and this can be uploaded from her online account with the evidence requested on the form. You can get the form from the Gov.UK website We can then re-assess your entitlement if the evidence is approved.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 2
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,

Your mum can complete the Marital Status Declaration form and this can be uploaded from her online account with the evidence requested on the form. You can get the form from the Gov.UK website We can then re-assess your entitlement if the evidence is approved.

Thanks, Drew

Thank you so much. I can't find the form, would you mind sending me a link to where I can find it? Thanks
Original post by carys10987
Thank you so much. I can't find the form, would you mind sending me a link to where I can find it? Thanks

Hi Carys,

You would need to contact us so we can send the form to you. You can use the live chat option online in your account or call us on 0300 100 0607 and we can request this for you.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending