The Student Room Group

Who will you vote for in the June 2017 General Election?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Darren96
Conservative party for me. Voted labour in 2015, how times have changed. High possibility that Scunthorpe will get their first Tory MP.

Had no idea the Lab lead was so low, the Tories have indeed won it.

Wrexham, Wakefield, Darlington, Halifax.. these are blue too now.
Reply 261
I also hope the SNP will lose several seats to the Tories.
Original post by Josb
I also hope the SNP will lose several seats to the Tories.

Tory vote looks like it will double more or less (based on last Scottish poll). We need a more recent Welsh poll.
jedi party
Original post by Rakas21
Had no idea the Lab lead was so low, the Tories have indeed won it.

Wrexham, Wakefield, Darlington, Halifax.. these are blue too now.

Keep in mind, this is without any challenge from Tories in the past. Cannot remember any Tory campaigning in 2015 plus the candidate was someone from down south with no knowledge of the local area. Anything could happen.
Reply 265
The Tories have a 21% lead in the last poll. That would give them the largest lead since 1931 (25% lead; Cons.:55% Lab.:30.6%), beating Blair in 1997 (13% lead; Lab.:43.2% Cons.:30.7%), Thatcher in 1983 (15% lead; Cons.:42.4% Lab.:27.6%), and Attlee in 1945 (11% lead; Lab.:47.7% Cons.:36.2%).
Labour.
Thought i would take a look and it seems the Lib Dems have a chance in 15 seats where they lag by less than 10% (the London and Scotland seats they should get easily)..

Cambridge 1.2%
Burnley 8.2%
Bermondsey & Old Southwark 8.7%

Eastbourne 1.4%
Lewes 2.1%
Thornbury 3.1%
Twickenham 3.3%
Kingston 4.8%

St Ives 5.1%
Torbay 6.8%
Sutton and Cheam 7.9%
Bath 8.1%
Yeovil 9.3%

East Dunbartonshire 3.9%
Edinburgh West 5.9%

Fife NE 9.6%
Original post by Darren96
Conservative party for me. Voted labour in 2015, how times have changed. High possibility that Scunthorpe will get their first Tory MP.

Yes because the Tories care so much about British steel.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 269
Original post by Naveed-7
I support Conservatives, but I'm quite worried right now. I think Labour might have a chance at winning. Conservatives need to make great great amazing effort in their public promotions and speeches otherwise we could be fuked.
I wouldnt, underestimate Labour...

You worry too much. :biggrin:
I support Conservatives, but I'm quite worried right now. I think Labour might have a chance at winning. Conservatives need to make great great amazing effort in their public promotions and speeches otherwise we could be fuked.
I wouldnt underestimate Labour...

Labour have a chance of winning, sure. It's about the same as my chances of becoming the next Chancellor of the Exchequer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rakas21
Thought i would take a look and it seems the Lib Dems have a chance in 15 seats where they lag by less than 10% (the London and Scotland seats they should get easily)..

Cambridge 1.2%
Burnley 8.2%
Bermondsey & Old Southwark 8.7%

Eastbourne 1.4%
Lewes 2.1%
Thornbury 3.1%
Twickenham 3.3%
Kingston 4.8%
St Ives 5.1%
Torbay 6.8%
Sutton and Cheam 7.9%
Bath 8.1%
Yeovil 9.3%

East Dunbartonshire 3.9%
Edinburgh West 5.9%
Fife NE 9.6%

Liberal Democrats will definitely win seats in London. In Scotland I think the Conservatives will win more seats than Liberal Democrats. Scotland isn't nearly as pro-EU as Sturgeon claims and there will be a strong unionist vote.
I wouldnt underestimate Labour...

Can have some of what you're smoking please.
Original post by sr90
Labour have a chance of winning, sure. It's about the same as my chances of becoming the next Chancellor of the Exchequer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The electorate successfully convinced to vote for more shafting by Mrs May, a knighthood for Murdoch surely just a formality now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by james813
Liberal Democrats will definitely win seats in London. In Scotland I think the Conservatives will win more seats than Liberal Democrats. Scotland isn't nearly as pro-EU as Sturgeon claims and there will be a strong unionist vote.

Aye. Tories could take all three southern Scotland seats if the last Scottish poll is right.
Original post by Rakas21
Aye. Tories could take all three southern Scotland seats if the last Scottish poll is right.

Long term what do you think Labour have to do to reestablish themselves in Scotland? Seems hard to believe that this time two years ago they had around 40 Scottish MPs.
Although in sticking with ICM, Ipsos and Comres, Youguv have just put the Tories on 48%, Labour on 24%.

Seems Kippers are jumping ship for May.
Extremely shocked at how many will vote for conservatives.
They just raised student loan interest to 6.1%...
Reply 278
I'll vote Labour with a lot of grumbling. Rather have them than more Tories, but politics is a mess right now.
Original post by sarahwatson23
Extremely shocked at how many will vote for conservatives.
They just raised student loan interest to 6.1%...

just wait till june 9th, hopefully you'll be even more shocked :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending