Law OCR AS - English Legal System Predicted Topics 2017

Watch
SethMtv
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Who has predictions for the upcoming Sources of Law exam on the 19th of May 2017?
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Fox Corner)
x
Abbey3700
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SethMtv)
Who has predictions for the upcoming English Legal System exam on the 16th of May 2017?
My law teacher thinks ADR will be because it hasn't been on the last 2 years but other than that, I have no clue
SethMtv
Rep:
(Original post by Abbey3700)
My law teacher thinks ADR will be because it hasn't been on the last 2 years but other than that, I have no clue
Judges will almost certainly come up. Solicitors and Barristers will probably be there too.
Meganstevens9
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
My teacher says that barristers & solicitors is likely - more likely to be focused on barristers. Magistrates is also likely, judges,ADR, sentencing- youth probably, Police Powers also
Amardeep26B
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Police Powers is likely
SethMtv
Rep:
Yeah but what area on police powers? Samples? Stop and search?
Abbey3700
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
My law teacher decided not to teach judges, is that bad?
Meganstevens9
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Honestly not so bad, the B question on judges is always really difficult anyway. Just make sure you know all the other topics well
Meganstevens9
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SethMtv)
Yeah but what area on police powers? Samples? Stop and search?
Arrest hasn't been on for a while, but I think samples and interview are likely because I'm sure last year it was dentention and searches
ellekcm
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Mine hasn't either so panicking if a legal funding comes up
Abbey3700
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ellekcm)
Mine hasn't either so panicking if a legal funding comes up
He hasn't taught us a few of the topics and looking through the past papers, I'm worried it isn't enough :/. He's been doing it for years so I think I'll just have to trust it
SethMtv
Rep:
Well, its probably gonna come up but if you've memorised all the other topics very well, then you can afford to skip it.
Bhavesh1
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Do you think there's​ going to be a question on juries?
BigBoyBazza24
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I personally don't think juries will come up as it was in the 2016 and 2015 paper
BigBoyBazza24
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BigBoyBazza24)
I personally don't think juries will come up as it was in the 2016 and 2015 paper
This is my own personal belief on which topics will come up so don't get worried if you think differently:

- Stop and Search (Police Powers)
- Arrest (Police Powers)
- Pre-trial procedures ( for TEW offences like that)
- Criminal Appeals
- Sentencing ( most likely Youth related)
- The Judiciary ( Judges/ Separation of Powers etc)
- Legal Profession
- Magistrates
- ADR
Abbey3700
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bhavesh1)
Do you think there's​ going to be a question on juries?
I think it would be unlikely because that came up last year, so more likely Magistrates, but who knows!
Meganstevens9
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BigBoyBazza24)

As juries and magistrates are lay people they never put both topics on the exam, it's always one or the other. Magistrates is a lot more likely than juries
gkhan14
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Guys what about sources of law exam any predictions ?
ellekcm
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by gkhan14)
Guys what about sources of law exam any predictions ?
Is that G152?
If so my teacher thinks judicial precedent - practice statement & delegated legislation
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (30)
7.06%
October 2021 (194)
45.65%
November 2021 (44)
10.35%
December 2021 (57)
13.41%
January 2021 (47)
11.06%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (39)
9.18%