The Student Room Group

Major social issues

I seem to have a problem socially and it's gotten worse. Basically I seem to think no one likes me and I can't help it. There is this girl who I've talked about before on here and will do again for this question.

I get on really well with her yet I seem to worry she doesn't like me. I was on the phone to her the other day and she said we'll have to meet over lunch. I just agreed with her and I wished I'd said to her instead "that sounds good when you free" rather than just "yes we should" because a few days have passed and no plans have been made.

I want to text her tomorrow to ask her if she's free for lunch next week but I'm too scared to text for some reason just in case she thinks it's weird or doesn't reply. I've met up with her for dinner before so I'm sure she likes me. I've also bought her a necklace for her birthday and I've seen her wear it and she doesn't just wear it on days she sees me as I've seen her with it on when she hasn't expected to see me. She often playfully flirts with me when I see her as well such as greeting me by calling me gorgeous.

Yet im too scared to send her a text. I seem to be the same with everyone if someone doesn't text me I always assume the worst in that they don't care about me. Then that leads to the problem of me not texting them and them thinking the same about me.

I really need to text this girl she could be my first girlfriend I think yet I can't get over the anxiety of sending a simple text. Anyway gone through the same and know what to do?
Original post by oZombiex2
I seem to have a problem socially and it's gotten worse. Basically I seem to think no one likes me and I can't help it. There is this girl who I've talked about before on here and will do again for this question.

I get on really well with her yet I seem to worry she doesn't like me. I was on the phone to her the other day and she said we'll have to meet over lunch. I just agreed with her and I wished I'd said to her instead "that sounds good when you free" rather than just "yes we should" because a few days have passed and no plans have been made.

I want to text her tomorrow to ask her if she's free for lunch next week but I'm too scared to text for some reason just in case she thinks it's weird or doesn't reply. I've met up with her for dinner before so I'm sure she likes me. I've also bought her a necklace for her birthday and I've seen her wear it and she doesn't just wear it on days she sees me as I've seen her with it on when she hasn't expected to see me. She often playfully flirts with me when I see her as well such as greeting me by calling me gorgeous.

Yet im too scared to send her a text. I seem to be the same with everyone if someone doesn't text me I always assume the worst in that they don't care about me. Then that leads to the problem of me not texting them and them thinking the same about me.

I really need to text this girl she could be my first girlfriend I think yet I can't get over the anxiety of sending a simple text. Anyway gone through the same and know what to do?

Just text her, it's no big deal she'll appreciate you texting her :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Lilmissy345
Just text her, it's no big deal she'll appreciate you texting her :smile:

Doesn't seem like it. Text her this morning about 8 hours ago and have no reply from her. :frown: she is working today so maybe just hasn't had a chance to reply. If I don't get reply by end of night I will know.
Doesn't seem like it. Text her this morning about 8 hours ago and have no reply from her. :frown: she is working today so maybe just hasn't had a chance to reply. If I don't get reply by end of night I will know.

As you just said right now, she's working don't worry about it too much she'll get back to you sooner or later but don't put your mind on it too much, it's just a text it can't be that bad
Reply 4
As you just said right now, she's working don't worry about it too much she'll get back to you sooner or later but don't put your mind on it too much, it's just a text it can't be that bad

I have a feeling she won't now. She's covering me tomorrow since I'm on holiday at work and I'm worried she'll tell everyone about me inviting her out. I don't know what I've done I've cared so much for her in the past, I've bought her flowers, a card, necklace and not just bought things but shown I've cared in different ways. She acts like she cares then does this to me. I don't know anymore.
I have a feeling she won't now. She's covering me tomorrow since I'm on holiday at work and I'm worried she'll tell everyone about me inviting her out. I don't know what I've done I've cared so much for her in the past, I've bought her flowers, a card, necklace and not just bought things but shown I've cared in different ways. She acts like she cares then does this to me. I don't know anymore.

So what if everyone knows at work that you invited her? You like her, you have feelings for her, is that a crime now? Just be more confident maybe just ask her out face to face instead texting? But either way she'll get back to you soon?
Reply 6
So what if everyone knows at work that you invited her? You like her, you have feelings for her, is that a crime now? Just be more confident maybe just ask her out face to face instead texting? But either way she'll get back to you soon?

That's just about been a day now. I'll hopefully see her in person soon enough to confront her about it. I can't go on like this.
That's just about been a day now. I'll hopefully see her in person soon enough to confront her about it. I can't go on like this.

All the best, friendo!

Go for coffee - easy and no obligation to stay if you don't feel like it.
Reply 8
Original post by tehforum
All the best, friendo!

Go for coffee - easy and no obligation to stay if you don't feel like it.

She did say a few weeks ago that we should go for lunch together so I thought I couldn't go wrong asking her out for lunch. One thing is for certain though that we must not be close. Which confuses me because she was telling a group of people just a couple months ago about what a special relationship us two have together. I don't know if she's maybe doing it to mess with me because if she is it's more than working.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending