The Student Room Group

Warwick vs Edinburgh vs Bath. HELP!!

Poll

Warwick or Edinburgh or Bath for bsc management

What should I put as insurance?

University of Warwick for Management (requirement AAA) vs. University of Edinburgh for Business Management (requirement ABB) vs. Bath for Management with one-year placement (requirement A*AB)

I’m firming LSE, which has a requirement of AAA, which is why I’m more inclined towards Edinburgh, also cause city life. Also I have heard that Coventry is a quite dead city. Will Warwick accept a student with A*AB??

I’m looking for the prestige of the university, social life, teaching and how helpful will the university be to get me a job afterwards (though I plan to do masters afterwards but I would prefer to do a job for some time before masters because some prestigious universities require job experience for MBA)
Based on that information, Edinburgh seems like a no brainer. It's a fantastic city too.
Why would you insurance Warwick when their offer is the same as your firm?
I was a Bath student - when you say management, do you mean BBA? Obvs I am going to push the uni I was at but I have to say career wise Bath is a good choice, mostly because of the placement. I was an IMML and the placement was what helped most students get good jobs coming out of uni (myself included). Most of the placements are in big international firms and these firms will often recruit those students when they graduate.

Personally I wasn't that keen on the university per se, when I was there many years ago there wasnt much nightlife, everything in Bath is very posh and expensive so not very 'normal' student friendly. But a lot of students that go to Bath come from wealthy backgrounds and therefore can afford Bath. Being someone who came from a council estate I did find that difficult in the first year. It did get better and ended up meeting my now husband in my final year.
Reply 4
Original post by Ghelan123
Why would you insurance Warwick when their offer is the same as your firm?
. the other choices which I have are not ranked very high and I am quite sure that I will get the grades
Also another point here - I'm not exactly sure how it is now but Bath did have the one of the highest graduate prospects for it management school in the country, something like 99% in jobs or further studies 6 months after graduating.

Another point: if you want to do an MBA later think about what uni you might want to do that at as most universities offer discounts for their alumni, and considering the cost of an MBA it could make a big difference.
Original post by ankita.agg
. the other choices which I have are not ranked very high and I am quite sure that I will get the grades

the other choices are solid though? i'm confused.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending