The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
OOOH and speaking of free buses - the Citi 8 has disappeared with the timetable change! Anyone know if one of the other Citis is doing a free service for university members instead?
Reply 81
MadNatSci
ASDA? There's an ASDA?!! Why did no-one tell me this?!

Asda is a serious mission, it's where the Beehive Centre used to be, on Coldhams Lane, near the football stadium.
Reply 82
RxB
Asda is a serious mission, it's where the Beehive Centre used to be, on Coldhams Lane, near the football stadium.

Ah. Tesco it is. Cheers :smile:
Katie J
He he, from what I read in the Newnham freshers' pack, we get two mums!
I haven't had anything from them either so not to worry!
(How odd would it be if we ended up related in some way? Possible considering the similar subject areas...maybe! Actually, does it work like that or are your parents random subject people?)

Did you find the pack really quite cool & exciting? I sat in my PJs reading it all & filling all the forms in! :cool:

Don't worry - I'm a Newnhamite Mum and we're still expecting! We will write to you guys as soon as the college passes on your details. Hopefully one of your parents will be the same subject, although this isn't always possible dep on numbers. What subject are you? I'm Arch and Anth btw.
Reply 84
MadNatSci
OOOH and speaking of free buses - the Citi 8 has disappeared with the timetable change! Anyone know if one of the other Citis is doing a free service for university members instead?

The C4 route looks quite similar to the oold C8 one (maybe it's the same?). Have no idea whether it's free or not.
Reply 85
MadNatSci

Wow, you had me petrified for a moment then, /me loves the Citi8.
However, google found me: http://www.addenbrookes.org.uk/directions/bus/citi4.html and I now feel much happier again.

The king is dead. Long live the Citi4.

A.
Reply 86
MadNatSci

NOOOOOO the citi8 is my lifeline!
Reply 87
Haz
Don't worry - I'm a Newnhamite Mum and we're still expecting! We will write to you guys as soon as the college passes on your details. Hopefully one of your parents will be the same subject, although this isn't always possible dep on numbers. What subject are you? I'm Arch and Anth btw.

Wow!!! You could be my mum!! I'm arch & anth!!! :biggrin:
Katie J
Wow!!! You could be my mum!! I'm arch & anth!!! :biggrin:

Gosh - I'm feeling a real rush of parental pride now! Many congrats on getting in - trust me, the hardest bit is out of the way :-) If you are my kid (lol) then you will be hearing from me soon and whether you are or not, feel free to bombard me with questions at any time! Also, could you let me know your real name so I know if it's you when the college sends me the details?!
Reply 89
Haz
Gosh - I'm feeling a real rush of parental pride now! Many congrats on getting in - trust me, the hardest bit is out of the way :-) If you are my kid (lol) then you will be hearing from me soon and whether you are or not, feel free to bombard me with questions at any time! Also, could you let me know your real name so I know if it's you when the college sends me the details?!

I am Katherine Sian Johnson!!! :biggrin:

('Katie' is more likely to get a response, it's easy to forget I'm a Katherine when I'm not writing it down!) Am I allowed to know your name or would it be 'mum' only?!

(This is weird!)
Katie J
I am Katherine Sian Johnson!!! :biggrin:

('Katie' is more likely to get a response, it's easy to forget I'm a Katherine when I'm not writing it down!) Am I allowed to know your name or would it be 'mum' only?!

(This is weird!)

I'm Harriet - I wouldn't start calling me mum yet though! You could end up with me or any number of our brill parenty types. As for whether it is me...how lucky are you feeling?! Seriously, if it turns out you don't get an arch and anther you should feel free to ask me any subject type questions or anything. We'll find out soon enough!
Reply 91
Applause for the thread, you're all so helpful :biggrin:

Is walking from Emma to the Law faculty placey every day going to be an utter beast? (I did make the trip after interview, but it was also after the pub, so details, like distance, are blurred)
How important is having your own computer - are the communal rooms reeeeally busy?
Any idea if dudes from Dundee qualify as International 'cos if I don't have storage....life will be a little difficult at the end of term.
I haven't got my Fresher Pack yet, but is Saturday 2nd most definitely THE moving-in day?

Thank you!
MadNatSci
Firstly congrats to you all on joining the greatest

ahem *cough, cough*....i think oxonians would disagree :biggrin: ...im not on though, but i do still disagree.
I've just remembered the other thing I need to take. My hat stand. Do you think the college will mind me having one of these in my room?

MB
Reply 94
musicboy
I've just remembered the other thing I need to take. My hat stand. Do you think the college will mind me having one of these in my room?

MB

HAT STAND?! :wink:
cool_guy769
what about a fridge? emma had them in the rooms we were in last yr but im going to st johns and i cant recall seeing any there.

Get a stella fridge. You can keep beer/white wine in it, and milk/sainsburies processed ham.

I used to get so f*cked off with the communal fridge. 3 fricking years, and 3 sets of morons who put opened milk in sideways.
J
Reply 96
foolfarian
Get a stella fridge. You can keep beer/white wine in it, and milk/sainsburies processed ham.

I used to get so f*cked off with the communal fridge. 3 fricking years, and 3 sets of morons who put opened milk in sideways.
J

So you'd recommend a little fridge for your own room then?
...trying to decide what to spend my hard-earned cash on :biggrin:
Fluffstar
HAT STAND?! :wink:

yes, as a space saving device to keep my hats on.

MB
Reply 98
i think they only allow hat stands if you store and transport them in a mary poppins style bottomless carpetbag :tongue:
Reply 99
Willla2
i think they only allow hat stands if you store and transport them in a mary poppins style bottomless carpetbag :tongue:

lol! One of those would be soooo useful looking at the amount of junk I'll have to take with me!
sorry MB - it made me laugh is all, wasn't a dig at you! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending