The Student Room Group

Help need advice regarding child nursing

So I am currently at the end of my first year of a access to higher education and need to get my ps done soon for my tutor to be able to act as reference for me to submit asap when ucas is open.
My issue is I am worried I won't get a place on child nursing as the only experience I have is being Ann a level 3 nursery nurse. I have not worked in the field for 9 years since having my children.
I have emailed a lady at hospital about work experience on the children's ward which fx should go ahead and have emailed about volunteering with brownies. Will this be enough? I wanted to get on the bank at hospital but need six months or care experience before this is possible so wouldn't happen before ps submitted.
Original post by Anita183
So I am currently at the end of my first year of a access to higher education and need to get my ps done soon for my tutor to be able to act as reference for me to submit asap when ucas is open.
My issue is I am worried I won't get a place on child nursing as the only experience I have is being Ann a level 3 nursery nurse. I have not worked in the field for 9 years since having my children.
I have emailed a lady at hospital about work experience on the children's ward which fx should go ahead and have emailed about volunteering with brownies. Will this be enough? I wanted to get on the bank at hospital but need six months or care experience before this is possible so wouldn't happen before ps submitted.

Hi,

It's not always about the volume of experience that you have, but how you showcase how the experience you do have has developed you and why it will be beneficial to studying children's nursing. Remember, they are not looking for ready-made children's nurses - they are looking for those who will develop into a good children's nurse.

If you wanted you could state that you have further experience pending, although to be honest this would have no real benefit.

The experience you have is just that. It's what you have, and it's unique to you. Don't panic about it now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending