The Student Room Group

can any one predict the grade boundaries for foundation maths?

Hi, im currently doing foundation for maths (awful i know) and i would like to do computer science for college which has an entry requirement of Grade 5. So what do you people think a 5 will be out of 240 marks?
you would need about 85% for a grade 5 maybe more
No, you don't need 85%.

The grade boundaries for a 5 is 210/300.

That means you'll need about 70/100 on each paper to get a 5.

Our school compared our grades with over 1000 other schools. A 4 is about 160/300, by the way.
having checked various threads/sites it seems to fluctuate sooo much, i've seen a 5 predicted at 88% but also at 78%. i saw someone predict 5 at 88% which is kind of ridiculous. i need a 5 as well so i really hope something more concrete and agreed-upon comes out... e_m_m_i_e if your school's boundaries are correct i might actually have a shot!
Original post by harley-quinzel
having checked various threads/sites it seems to fluctuate sooo much, i've seen a 5 predicted at 88% but also at 78%. i saw someone predict 5 at 88% which is kind of ridiculous. i need a 5 as well so i really hope something more concrete and agreed-upon comes out... e_m_m_i_e if your school's boundaries are correct i might actually have a shot!

i'd definitely say they're reliable, good luck!
Reply 5
The grade boundaries for a 5 is 210/300.

That means you'll need about 70/100 on each paper to get a 5.
I'm confused here.... aren't the 3 papers out of 240 altogether? As the max score for each of them is 80, how did you get 300?
basically ace pretty much the whole test and there you go.

getting a 5 is so ridiculously hard now kms
Reply 7
Depends on your exam board.
AQA has out of 300 yet Edexcel is out of 240.

My school is saying you will need 100 for a 4 & 150 for a 5.
Probably a maximum of 70% for a 5, looking at old spec grade boundaries. Probably lower, but you can't really say.
Reply 9
Original post by _gcx
Probably a maximum of 70% for a 5, looking at old spec grade boundaries. Probably lower, but you can't really say.

Yup, my teachers are expecting a 5 to be 60 - 70 percent & a 4 to be 40 - 50 percent.
Bro I don't think so because that is too high, what you predicted I think if you get more then 130 or even 140 you will defo be guaranteed a 4 but 160 is too much. Don't forget its foundation tier. :smile:

Original post by E_M_M_I_E
i'd definitely say they're reliable, good luck!
Are you doing edexel mate?
Original post by LeonVH
Depends on your exam board.
AQA has out of 300 yet Edexcel is out of 240.

My school is saying you will need 100 for a 4 & 150 for a 5.

What Exam board are you doing mate?
Reply 13
Original post by M14SULLY
What Exam board are you doing mate?

Edexcel
Original post by LeonVH
Edexcel

I hope your school are right, 100 for a grade 4 would be amazing, meaning well probs need around 34 on each paper right?
Guys I ended up with a grade 5

Quick Reply

Latest