The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Its brilliant - one of the best ones in the region.
Reply 2
do you go there?
Reply 3
No - I go to Holy Cross. But my sis who went to Bury Grammer said that they were major rivals. They are supposed to be one of the elite in Manchester along with King Davids I think
Reply 4
tango1
anyone know anything about it?

The one in Manchester??? 'Kath' went there..she'd be able to tell you stuff about it.

G
Reply 5
thx. hey im going to holy cross next year. the only reason i asked about withington is cos a friend is going there.
Reply 6
Are you? I just left this year! Its brill - you wll love it. Though it does take time to get used to the 1hr 50 mins lessons! What subjects have you taken?
Reply 7
1hr 50 mins-no way. sounds awful. im doing eng lit media maths and french
Reply 8
tango1
1hr 50 mins-no way. sounds awful. im doing eng lit media maths and french

:biggrin: Its so you can get more content covered in lessons. You get Free preiods anyway so you'll get used to it.
I did English Lit - you might have one of my teachers. I had mrs.mafi and mr.weatherall. There is also a teacher who came from Oxford - mr.Rigby along with some others.
French - I've heard the teacher isn't supposed to be "all that" - Madame Towell.
My mates took Maths and Media and they loved it -
Reply 9
i had my interview with mr weatherall. seemer umm... interesting. kept asking me what i thought about things when i asked him a question. yea i've heard that about the french teacher. might drop it at the end of year 12 neway.
Reply 10
Misbah Imtiaz
Though it does take time to get used to the 1hr 50 mins lessons!

:eek: :eek: And I thought our 90 minute lessons were bad!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Reply 11
Misbah Imtiaz
the elite in Manchester along with King Davids I think

GO King David...sorry a bit of school pride there, Withington is a great school, all my friends who go there love it and the get incredible results, i think about 15 people last year got 5As at A level (inc. GenStud) so your bound 2 get great results!
Frances
:eek: :eek: And I thought our 90 minute lessons were bad!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

My lessons at College lasted 2hr 15mins!
Reply 13
Surfing Hamster

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Reply 14
tango1
i had my interview with mr weatherall. seemer umm... interesting. kept asking me what i thought about things when i asked him a question. yea i've heard that about the french teacher. might drop it at the end of year 12 neway.

Mr.Weatherall..he can be a bit strange sometimes :biggrin: He looks like a grown up harry potter! :biggrin:
Reply 15
Surfing Hamster

ahh...55min lessons...soo good...:biggrin:
Reply 16
Wow that's so strange. I go to Holy Cross too!!! I am going into upper sixth this year. I had Mr weatherall for my interview and also he was my teacher for English language this year. I do maths too! if you came on New Students Day who was your maths teacher then?? Hope it wasn't the same one I have! He's a bit weird!!!
Reply 17
Fluffstar
ahh...55min lessons...soo good...:biggrin:

At the college I did my A-level physics at (my sixth form couldn't offer it), I had two lessons a week. One was 2 hours long on a Tuesday morning and the other one was 3 hours long on a Thursday afternoon (it finished at 5pm!).

Latest

Trending

Trending