The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Geography A Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by .Matthew.
Actually, the question asked you to look inside the insert where you found a picture of a man and tents in front of a mountain in the Andes ( it was covered it snow). The question then asked you to explain why extreme environments are attractive to tourists.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Basically what i said
Original post by NK778
It showed a pic of Alps and you had to explain what makes it an extreme environemnt

I was trying to explain it in more detail to jog their memory.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by .Matthew.
I was trying to explain it in more detail to jog their memory.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oks soz
Anyone remember what the first tourism question was?! Apparently it was drawing a graph (unofficial mark scheme) but I just can't remember it
You had to complete a graph I think showing the number of tourists in 2013 you got the data from a table they have you
Reply 365
Anyone know what the grade boundaries are for an A* roughly? On aqa last year, they said it was 67% but someone who took the exam last year said it was more like 90%?
Original post by bwbw1
Anyone know what the grade boundaries are for an A* roughly? On aqa last year, they said it was 67% but someone who took the exam last year said it was more like 90%?

Won't be 90% dont worry
Reply 367
Ah few! That's good
Can be like 75-80 % tho so not incredibly low boundaries
Original post by hazza1207
For the Changing Urban Environments question I think many people used Curitiba. But it said a richer country and I think Curitiba is classed as an LEDC. So the correct case study to use was any citychallenge project which for me was Sheffield UDC or Hulme city challenge. But if you wrote about how Curitiba is environmentally sustainable you should get credited.

I wrote about London transport and how it reduces air pollution. Is that alright? We never learnt about that Sheffield thing though and we had a list of every case study
Original post by Freya456
I wrote about London transport and how it reduces air pollution. Is that alright? We never learnt about that Sheffield thing though and we had a list of every case study

I did the same thing but the UK case study right?
Original post by NK778
I did the same but i found the case studies hard what did u put for urban environments

AND NO PHYSICAL WAS WAYYYYY EASIER - i aced it

Different views for different people.

I think the case study was talking about Urban issues in MEDCs, so I talked about the UK a lot, and how to solve the problems, by using examples from the UK.
Original post by Blackjoker1506
Different views for different people.

I think the case study was talking about Urban issues in MEDCs, so I talked about the UK a lot, and how to solve the problems, by using examples from the UK.

Good i put the same thing
Original post by NK778
Good i put the same thing

Ye boi:u::u::u:
Do you think the grade boundaries for Human will be similar to last year?
Original post by GloryGuru
Do you think the grade boundaries for Human will be similar to last year?

I think so my teacher said it wasnt an awfull exam but there were some very hard questions. Physcial grade boundries will drop he said
Original post by danielfrost759
I think so my teacher said it wasnt an awfull exam but there were some very hard questions. Physcial grade boundries will drop he said

Physical was way easier than laat year
Human wa sharder for me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending