The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Andy Pipkin
ROFL. :biggrin: You have no idea, young man. :wink:

I am fine thanks. Getting on really well. My flatmates are nice, my coursemates are even nicer, and I am making full use of the university societies and amenities such as the gym. :tsr2:

So

Oh well sorry sweetheart, but you're always whinging about being on your own all the time and 'going to Brussells' by yourself and not seeing your flatmates.

I know i'll make friends at Uni, i'm not a social reject like you!
Reply 21
Again Pipkin, stop neg repping me with the 'Racism' comments. There is nothing racist about my posts and I am definatly not a racist person. Any more of these accusations and i'll take more serious action. I expect an apology too.
I applied for accommodation which is mostly occupied by undergrads (I can’t afford postgrad only halls) but I was put with postgrads which I get along with! I love the course so far! It's so interesting! Also I like the independence of living away from home and in a city I never even visited before! Manchester is huge and has a lot to offer. So, so far I have made a good choice. :smile:

The only complaint I have so far is that my room is boiling hot and nothing is done about it. I don’t know if anything can be done but it shouldn’t be this way. Because of that I’m paying rent in instalments in case I have to move in the summer (hopefully not).
Rokit

Erm how do you cope with the 19 year olds trying to flirt

Forget that, how do I cope with being 21 and spotting a good looking guy who's 18?!:p:
nanananabatman
Forget that, how do I cope with being 21 and spotting a good looking guy who's 18?!:p:

I don't see the problem..... I'm 24 and I would go out with a 18 year old if I found him attactive...
Reply 25
Eubacterium
I don't see the problem..... I'm 24 and I would go out with a 18 year old if I found him attactive...

:biggrin:
Reply 26
Rokit
Erm how do you cope with the 19 year olds trying to flirt

I'm 23 and I've been wondering the same thing. I'd end up saying something stupid like, "I can't date you because I'll feel like a pedophile."
Reply 27
There isn't much difference between and 18 and 24 year old going out in my opinion.
Reply 28
I'm finding it quite weird... the other people on my course have a very 'schooly' attitude, like its considered uncool to put effort into your work or to be seen to be doing anything other than sit and chat during the time we are supposed to be doing project work. The norm is to sit and moan about how hard the brief is, how mean the tutors are for pushing us so hard, comment on how your work is rubbish, your ideas are rubbish, and you're going to fail, and then piss off home early when the tutor isn't looking.

I was ashamed when I did well in my first module and I've already earned myself the label of "stuck-up" because I want to do well. I'd expected people to be a lot more open minded, and openly interested in the subject considering they're paying £3070 for the privilege! It's nothing to do with not making friends, or not going out and getting drunk, because I've done both, I'm just astonished at their lack of interest!
peeps
I'm finding it quite weird... the other people on my course have a very 'schooly' attitude, like its considered uncool to put effort into your work or to be seen to be doing anything other than sit and chat during the time we are supposed to be doing project work. The norm is to sit and moan about how hard the brief is, how mean the tutors are for pushing us so hard, comment on how your work is rubbish, your ideas are rubbish, and you're going to fail, and then piss off home early when the tutor isn't looking.

I was ashamed when I did well in my first module and I've already earned myself the label of "stuck-up" because I want to do well. I'd expected people to be a lot more open minded, and openly interested in the subject considering they're paying £3070 for the privilege! It's nothing to do with not making friends, or not going out and getting drunk, because I've done both, I'm just astonished at their lack of interest!

Don't worry about them. I think most young people like to act as though they are struggling then "surprise" themselves when they get good grades (which they were always going to get because they are clever). This pseudo "surprise" is basically a defence mechanism, plus it gives them an excuse to go out and get drunk again.

"OMG i like passed ma essay like!!!!!!!1 woah dis is a reason 2 celebrate like!! lets hit da pubz!!!!!1"

When in reality it's all an act because they knew - and expected - that they would pass anyway. What a useless muppet they would look if they got bade grades. But because they pretended that they expected to get bad grades it supposedly lessens the effect. :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending