The Student Room Group

AQA A level History

Does anyone have any tips for the following:
- revising content
- essay structure
- how to revise technique with little material (new spec so no past papers as of yet!)
Or just any A level history revision tips in general?
Thanks
This is what I find works best
-When learning sections, dont go for every detail, learn the key points and the key statistics. I usually learn these by literarly reading the section, writing the points and writing them again from memory (repeat untill memorised, even if its repetetive)
-Consider thematic changes/judgements (e.g. to what extent did Khrushchev raise living standards in the years...)
-Watch documentaries
-Do practice papers/learn the technique (especially how to condense arguments/points with effective time management), if you don't feel confident on the topic, use notes or the textbook

Hope for the best! im ******** myself
Original post by charliewalford
This is what I find works best
-When learning sections, dont go for every detail, learn the key points and the key statistics. I usually learn these by literarly reading the section, writing the points and writing them again from memory (repeat untill memorised, even if its repetetive)
-Consider thematic changes/judgements (e.g. to what extent did Khrushchev raise living standards in the years...)
-Watch documentaries
-Do practice papers/learn the technique (especially how to condense arguments/points with effective time management), if you don't feel confident on the topic, use notes or the textbook

Hope for the best! im ******** myself

Thanks! i am too, its the only a level i am seriously struggling with so frustrating we have literally no past papers to work with though
Reply 3
For content, you need to go over your notes repeatedly. As far as essay structure is concerned , follow PEE structure. Do this arguing for and against the question. For the source question: Evaluate the content, provenance and tone, but you don't have to respond to them in equal measure.
Original post by Fox12
For content, you need to go over your notes repeatedly. As far as essay structure is concerned , follow PEE structure. Do this arguing for and against the question. For the source question: Evaluate the content, provenance and tone, but you don't have to respond to them in equal measure.

Thankyou so much - very helpful :smile:
Why not check out the History Rocks podcasts on how to write essays and source skills. The content is created by experienced examiners www.anchor.fm/historyrocks

Quick Reply

Latest