The Student Room Group

Backpacking (solo) South East Asia Help!

Hey guys,

So well I'm going backpacking (solo!😬) across south east Asia next month for 2 months and I couldn't be more nervous. The plan originally was to go with my mate but he dropped out, leaving me to travel solo around Asia. Ill be travelling first from Kuala Lumpur, then Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Laos and maybe Singapore! I just wanted to get some tips from you guys in terms hostels, travel arrangements (what buses/trains to get to get between the countries) and general solo trips. Also wanted to know whether you can get visa on arrival in Vietnam as it differs from other countries and how you go about exchanging currencies between each country and withdrawing money in general. It's weird because I'm excited but nervous too! I've got like a rough plan, but I'm considering to let it flow when I get there. Tbh I'm scared of being a loner and I obviously want to meet people. Please help me, it'll be much appreciated. You can follow me on instagram @almohh, although I've got to admit, my instagram is pretty dead right now but from next month I'll be posting really frequently.

Ps. If anyone is travelling across south east Asia from June to August, get in touch and we could meet up!

Thanks!

AL

Quick Reply

Latest