The Student Room Group

SEN teaching

Hi,

I am interested in doing a SEN teacher training programme - does anyone have any experience of this? The ones I am looking at are school direct. I was searching for something like this about 4 years ago so I am really happy this is now a thing! I was rejected 3 years in a row (2009-2012) for teacher training due to most of my experience being in SEN and not mainstream. However, I believe I am more prepared than ever to do this, this time!

Thanks.
Original post by dollydaydream24
Hi,

I am interested in doing a SEN teacher training programme - does anyone have any experience of this? The ones I am looking at are school direct. I was searching for something like this about 4 years ago so I am really happy this is now a thing! I was rejected 3 years in a row (2009-2012) for teacher training due to most of my experience being in SEN and not mainstream. However, I believe I am more prepared than ever to do this, this time!

Thanks.

I presume you are thinking SEN primary?
It might be worth going down the mainstream route but get some fingers in pies and perhaps do placement B in a SEN school if you can arrange it. Having been to a SEN school, things run quite differently, but the teaching is still based on the fundamentals. Having known someone who started their placement in a SEN school and then moved into mainstream for placement B, they really really struggled because some of the basics hadn't been established in the SEN school. Just a thought.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending