Loved It 11%
Okay, better than paper 1 43%
Okay, worse than paper 1 34%
Bad 5%
Real Bad 3%
HELP!!4%
Total votes: 556
Welcome!

Following the huge success of the Paper 1 Thread, you can now discuss the AQA English Language Paper 2 right here.

An overview of the exam, the skills needed and suggested timings for each question can be found here

Any questions, post away. Good luck everyone - we're all in this together!

Ideas for this thread;

How are you feeling about this exam?

How are you revising?

And after the exam, how did it go?

Resources

2 Sets of Official AQA Specimen Materials can be found here.
If you have exhausted all the above materials, check out some unofficial specimen questions here

If you're struggling with a particular question, exemplars for questions 2-5 can be found here and are likely to be useful.

If you're a fan of videos, you might find MrBruff useful on YouTube. His extensive collection of videos can be found here
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

what should I include in each qs?
Original post by the_nshoesmith
Welcome!

Following the huge success of the Paper 1 Thread, you can now discuss the AQA English Language Paper 2 right here.

Any questions, post away. Good luck everyone - we're all in this together!

Ideas for this thread;

How are you feeling about this exam?

How are you revising?

And after the exam, how did it go?

Resources

If you're a fan of videos, you might find MrBruff useful on YouTube. His extensive collection of videos can be found here

More resources on the way in the coming days...

Yay!!! Thread no. 2!!! :yay:
Reply 3
has any one got the specimen material 1,2,3 inserts that i could see please?
and any other question examples
Original post by amana123
has any one got the specimen material 1,2,3 inserts that i could see please?
and any other question examples

Now added to the original post.
Original post by ariellabenaim
what should I include in each qs?

For question exemplars, which should give you an idea of what to include, see the original post.
im so confused what to write about in lang paper 2
in questions such as 1 2 3 4
Original post by charles dickens
im so confused what to write about in lang paper 2
in questions such as 1 2 3 4

What are you confused about? Have you looked at the exam overview and exemplar documents?
This is such a lifesaver
My teacher said that the texts will likely be based on class division in society as well - Like rosabel and her fury for the red haired hat girl

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jackkempson37
My teacher said that the texts will likely be based on class division in society as well - Like rosabel and her fury for the red haired hat girl

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe the two extracts are meant to be on a topic that affects young people - which would mean class division shouldn't be there.
Original post by the_nshoesmith
I believe the two extracts are meant to be on a topic that affects young people - which would mean class division shouldn't be there.

Possibly, but it's AQA so they could throw anything at us!
What could they possibly ask you to write in Q5 ??? Like a letter, newspaper article....
Also, do we include language analysis in Q4 ???
Original post by anonomon
What could they possibly ask you to write in Q5 ??? Like a letter, newspaper article....

You should include language and structural analysis and the message in Q4 and in Q5 it is likely to be a debate speech or newspaper article. Just know who you're talking too and use persuasive devices.
:smile:
How do you layout your answer to Q4 ??? Like what do you write in paragraph 1, 2, 3 and so on ....
Compare how the writers convey their different atritudes/views.... ( 16 marks )
Also, how much should we write ??? Like how many paragrahs and pages ???
(edited 6 years ago)
It may sound stupid but for the first question, do we shade the whole box or just the oval or does it not matter? Also, are you guys using any techniques like PEE, etc to help you with the layout of questions 1-4 and lay the foundation for question 5?
Original post by Omkar Kerkar
It may sound stupid but for the first question, do we shade the whole box or just the oval or does it not matter? Also, are you guys using any techniques like PEE, etc to help you with the layout of questions 1-4 and lay the foundation for question 5?

Just shade what it tell you to; sometimes it can say "shade the oval" or "shade the box" so look out for that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Karim.H17
Just shade what it tell you to; sometimes it can say "shade the oval" or "shade the box" so look out for that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, personally I don't think it will matter but thanks for the advice...I will surely look out for the instructions in the question ;D
Original post by anonomon
How do you layout your answer to Q4 ??? Like what do you write in paragraph 1, 2, 3 and so on ....
Compare how the writers convey their different atritudes/views.... ( 16 marks )
Also, how much should we write ??? Like how many paragrahs and pages ???

For question 4, I would 2 PEEs. After your point and quotes, just keep flushing out the writers message and all that. If you write around 1 1/2 - 2 pages you're safe - obviously if it's good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending