The Student Room Group

055R TSP reserve list for HMRC Band O Roles

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by JPB99
Hi, did you email to enquire about the start date? I passed my background/reference checks almost two weeks ago, but haven't heard anything since.

Heard anything yet? I'm in the same position as you now. Passed my checks on monday, just waiting for a start date.
Reply 81
Original post by throwaway7654321
How long did it take for your checks to be completed? I've also had a provisional offer for Edinburgh... but I'm still waiting for the nod on checks.

I had to wait 4-5 weeks to hand in my degree certificate. The way the email was worded made it seem like the checks only commenced after they received my degree. It only took two weeks from that point for them to be complete.
Reply 82
Hi,I got an offer for the O role at Edinburgh offices, all my checks are through, just awaiting the start date now.My knowledge of Edinburgh is pretty minimal, is there anyone that can offer any help/advice on an area to live? Also, is there anyone here moving up from England, as i'm coming from by Manchester.
Feel free to send me a PM if so.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 83
Original post by tb2403
Heard anything yet? I'm in the same position as you now. Passed my checks on monday, just waiting for a start date.

No. nothing yet. I received pension info earlier this week, so hopefully things will start moving soon. I imagine it'll be mid to late Sept start now.
Original post by PenelopeO
Hi Guys, Just though I'd throw a spanner into the works..... I too got through to the AC, but didn't make it into the top 200, and had all the emails about the reserve list. On Friday, I got an email with a provisonal offer for a job in Salford! Which I was estatic about, as there were no North West locations on any previous emails regarding the reserve list, bit weird, but at least there is some hope that they are offering roles outside of the pre-mentioned ones!

Hi, I was just wondering if you had started your new role or if are you still waiting.

I have just been given a provisional offer for Manchester subject to pre-employment checks etc, and curious how long the process is. I know in previous campaigns there were cases it took months from initially receiving an provisional offer to actually starting. I'm an internal candidate so hopefully that quickens the process
Reply 85
It all looks very slow. How many months could it take? My offer for Leeds came through about 2 weeks ago but I've heard nothing since...
Reply 86
Didn't receive an email however I checked my jobs portal on the off chance and it was updated to show a formal offer. I've now accepted this so I guess its just a wait for the start date now. Just a heads up for anyone who has been waiting a while for a response for the posts at Edinburgh.
Reply 87
Hi, I received a provisional offer for Edinburgh and was just wondering if anyone knew what the DBS form is? I've filled out the health declaration and completed the next stage on the jobs portal, it mentions the DBS form in the email but I haven't seen it to fill in. I'm unsure if I'm being stupid and missing it out by accident or if they will send this later
No one received any offers in Newcastle?
Original post by CynicalBeing
No one received any offers in Newcastle?

I have- have you?
Original post by PuzzledCat
I have- have you?

Nope. How long ago did they offer you a position?
Original post by CynicalBeing
Nope. How long ago did they offer you a position?

Friday last week. I replied to them, asking a query regarding the offer and i've not heard back since. What stage did you get to in the process?
Reply 92
You don't have to do anything regarding the DBS, they do it all.

Original post by throwaway7654321
Did you have to forward your DBS form to HMRC after receiving it in the post or do they get their own copy?
Reply 93
HMRC do it for you, you should receive a copy through the post soon.

Original post by LM95062
Hi, I received a provisional offer for Edinburgh and was just wondering if anyone knew what the DBS form is? I've filled out the health declaration and completed the next stage on the jobs portal, it mentions the DBS form in the email but I haven't seen it to fill in. I'm unsure if I'm being stupid and missing it out by accident or if they will send this later
Reply 94
Anyone else received a start date for Edinburgh O Role? I have just received mine this morning.
I'm a candidate from Northern Ireland and I was offered a role in Edinburgh. We do an accessni criminal record check instead of a DBS check here. My accessni criminal record check has been with the civil service for authorisation for over 2 weeks now and they still haven't forwarded it on to accessni to complete it. They haven't contacted either of my referees yet either.Getting very frustrated at how slow this is going as I will have to locate from Belfast to Edinburgh.What start date did you get out of interest?
Reply 96
thursday 21st september

Original post by flipper89
I'm a candidate from Northern Ireland and I was offered a role in Edinburgh. We do an accessni criminal record check instead of a DBS check here. My accessni criminal record check has been with the civil service for authorisation for over 2 weeks now and they still haven't forwarded it on to accessni to complete it. They haven't contacted either of my referees yet either.Getting very frustrated at how slow this is going as I will have to locate from Belfast to Edinburgh.What start date did you get out of interest?
Anyone else starting Edinburgh on 18 th sept ?
After all the waiting this has come as abit of a shock and suddenly very real !!
How long have you guys have had to wait from when you received a provisional offer to getting a starting date?
About 2 months

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending