The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Physics (NEW SPEC) Discussion - 15th, 21st and 29th June 2017

Anyone doing the new spec? how are you feeling?
Reply 1
bump
Crying internally, can't sleep, don't know anything and have completely given up on going to uni 😭😭 and what's making me feel the worst is that I have no idea how the grade boundaries are going to turn out!
Reply 3
Original post by Hiling99
Crying internally, can't sleep, don't know anything and have completely given up on going to uni 😭😭 and what's making me feel the worst is that I have no idea how the grade boundaries are going to turn out!

ouch.

last year it was 57% for an A if you didn't know already.. dont think it will be that hard this year so my guess is 60-65% for an A.
My lecturer thinks it will be about 60% for an A and going down in about 20 mark steps
Calculations answers?
Reply 6
Original post by Historygcse
Calculations answers?

2.30m and around 23.5m for initial suvat ones i got.

cant remember much.. 0.64m for final question so the answer was water pump

Frw was the answer to the proof question involving the moment.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by k92e67

I got 1.08 m/s for the trolley on a ramp question and then that the range is correct what did you get ?
Original post by k92e67

Hhhm wasn't it 22.5 m for the range as the initial velocity was 14.2 m per s and the angle to the horizontal was 37 degrees?
Original post by marilenaa
I got 1.08 m/s for the trolley on a ramp question and then that the range is correct what did you get ?

Agree! :wink:
Original post by marilenaa

So did I
Reply 11
hey guys how are you preparing for the last exam on the 29th?
Original post by Safeboi
hey guys how are you preparing for the last exam on the 29th?

Firstly I answer the question without the mark scheme and then I immediately redo the question this time with the mark scheme.
I move onto the next question and repeat the process till I know I can answer each of the questions fairly accurately without the help of the mark scheme.
Then If I still don't understand any of the questions then I try to look for the specific topic in the book and read through it, then try to answer the question again and if I still don't understand it I ask for some help from my father who is a physicist.

Really to summarise I just do trial and error, its worked for me for the past two papers and so I'm just carrying it on.
Hope this helps you out.

Also, I've been trying to find model answers for the papers, but I can't find any.
Anyone know a link that might take me too some?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by RockSteel
Firstly I answer the question without the mark scheme and then I immediately redo the question this time with the mark scheme.
I move onto the next question and repeat the process till I know I can answer each of the questions fairly accurately without the help of the mark scheme.
Then If I still don't understand any of the questions then I try to look for the specific topic in the book and read through it, then try to answer the question again and if I still don't understand it I ask for some help from my father who is a physicist.

Really to summarise I just do trial and error, its worked for me for the past two papers and so I'm just carrying it on.
Hope this helps you out.

Also, I've been trying to find model answers for the papers, but I can't find any.
Anyone know a link that might take me too some?

I understand that, its a good method that will really help thanks! What I'm mainly worried about it that the questions in this paper will be synoptic and you have to think about answering the questions in a different way. There is only one specimen paper so I don't really know what else to do, ive gone through all the practicals but i'm not sure there is much point in doing past papers from the old spec?
Original post by Safeboi
I understand that, its a good method that will really help thanks! What I'm mainly worried about it that the questions in this paper will be synoptic and you have to think about answering the questions in a different way. There is only one specimen paper so I don't really know what else to do, ive gone through all the practicals but i'm not sure there is much point in doing past papers from the old spec?

Hmmm, I personally would just focus on making sure that I know the information rather than looking through past papers of the old spec.
Though I do think that this is a good idea but you would probably need more time for it to be effective, thats just my opinion based on my own skills and how I like to work.
Best thought is if you feel that it will help, go ahead but if you still have any doubt about doing this then I would just stick to what you're currently doing.

Hope this helps you out and if you got any other questions just ask.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending