The Student Room Group

Edexcel History option 1E Russia 1917-91

Can someone remind me please what the 2 questions were for section A. I'm worried I might of accidentally misread one when I answered it.
Reply 1
Original post by helpm3873
Can someone remind me please what the 2 questions were for section A. I'm worried I might of accidentally misread one when I answered it.

I can only remember the one I did: How far did the benefit's of Stalin's economy outweight the costs 1927-53? What did you think of the paper in general?
Reply 2
Original post by Gnatt27
I can only remember the one I did: How far did the benefit's of Stalin's economy outweight the costs 1927-53? What did you think of the paper in general?

Fantastic thanks that's what I thought it was one of my friends who did the Lenin vs Stalin question told me after the exam he though it was on welfare. Generally I thought the questions were brilliant, but I ran out of time and missed off about a paragraph or so on section c
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
I thought the section C was great, first time in a while there's been a paper with 3 clearly outlined source points. Struggled with the women question though, went with Stature in society, employment and legal rights. Was a bit chronological but hopefully not too bad.
Reply 4
[QUOTE="helpm3873;72047382"]Ŵ
Original post by Gnatt27
I can only remember the one I did: How far did the benefit's of Stalin's economy outweight the costs 1927-53? What did you think of the paper in general?[/QUOTE

Fantastic thanks that's what I thought it was one of my friends who did the Lenin vs Stalin question told me after the exam he though it was on welfare. Generally I thought the questions were brilliant, but I ran out of time and missed off about a paragraph or so on section c

I kind of screwed up section B, but other than that I thought the other questions were good
Reply 5
Original post by JamesM8
I thought the section C was great, first time in a while there's been a paper with 3 clearly outlined source points. Struggled with the women question though, went with Stature in society, employment and legal rights. Was a bit chronological but hopefully not too bad.

I did the terror one and lets just say the less said the better...
Reply 6
I really wanted to do that question but dodged it because I couldn't think of 3 points, my friends who did it said it was a hard one too so I'm glad I dodged it. My alternative wasn't too good though
Reply 7
Original post by JamesM8
I really wanted to do that question but dodged it because I couldn't think of 3 points, my friends who did it said it was a hard one too so I'm glad I dodged it. My alternative wasn't too good though

It was a weird question because it was how significant was the secret police in maintaining control 1917-89? or something like that and out of all the specimen questions and ones from text book I had never been confronted with anything remotely similar to that. But my knowledge of women was piss poor so I had to try.
Reply 8
Original post by Gnatt27
It was a weird question because it was how significant was the secret police in maintaining control 1917-89? or something like that and out of all the specimen questions and ones from text book I had never been confronted with anything remotely similar to that. But my knowledge of women was piss poor so I had to try.

Yeah I didn't revise any of the social security stuff but i thought the secret police one was good, I just wrote about the Cheka/GPU under Lenin, the NKVD/MVD under Stalin and Andropov's KGB.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending