The Student Room Group

What has been your easiest/hardest exam so far?

Scroll to see replies

Hardest exam will the the one I have on Friday (C4 maths)
Easiest: Psychology paper 1
Hardest: Biology papar 1
Original post by Dafock
easiest: M1
hardest: Econ paper 2

How are you finding D2 btw? I also have it on friday but havent learnt it all yet

Wait as in you literally haven't learnt all the content, or you're still revising?
Because if it's the first one...

I'm doing okay (even though I'm on here instead of revising). I hate simplex sooo much :smile: :smile: :smile:

Econ sounds like a lot of people found it hard, so hopefully the grades will reflect that :smile:
Original post by Lychee627
Easiest :C3
Hardest: Physics

Our class was meant to be using paper 1 for physics as our mock, but they decided against it because it was too hard. We looked at a couple of questions and it was just brutal :frown:
Original post by computernerd1001
I do not have the self-discipline for that, so kudos to you :smile:

Yup, I'm doing 4 A Levels and have done an EPQ (not that I think I've done all that well in it...)

Sounds pretty solid, good luck!

ah exactly, I am on a gap year at the moment so technically in my third year of A level maths - I really found it hard in the first year and wasn't a hard worker and ended up with a B but managed to get an A* in second year and hoping to repeat the feat in f maths now.
Good luck with the rest of your maths this year and next, I'm sure you'll do great!
4 a levels and an epq is a lot, what do you do?
Original post by NotKidding
Hardest exam will the the one I have on Friday (C4 maths)

Good luck for C4! Hopefully it won't blow up in your face...

Spoiler

Original post by teenhorrorstory
Easiest: Psychology paper 1
Hardest: Biology papar 1

Again, bio as the hardest. Hope it goes okay for you guys :redface:
Easiest: C1 or Biology - Unit 2

Hardest: Chemistry - Unit 2
I've skimmed to FP2 textbook and it looks like hell, kudos to you for that one.
I might be doing M2 next year, so here's to hoping I find it as easy! :biggrin:

Fp2 isnt that bad, I reckon I got an A in it. Its fp3 that's hard, I'll be Lucky to get a B in that.
What kind of stuff do you get examined on in econ? I've never done it :smile:

I still don't know and I'm taking it for uni lool it's like what affects the economy, induvudals and firms :tongue:
Dreading the econ paper tomorrow xD
Good luck to the rest of your exams! :smile:
Original post by k.russell
ah exactly, I am on a gap year at the moment so technically in my third year of A level maths - I really found it hard in the first year and wasn't a hard worker and ended up with a B but managed to get an A* in second year and hoping to repeat the feat in f maths now.
Good luck with the rest of your maths this year and next, I'm sure you'll do great!
4 a levels and an epq is a lot, what do you do?

Oh nice! That's good though, going back and getting the grades that you're capable of getting :smile:
I struggled a lot at the start of this year, so I know what you mean...

Thanks! I really appreciate it :biggrin:

Maths, Further Maths, Physics and English Language. Seems random, probably because FM and English got thrown in on results day when I went from 4 options to 2 :frown:
My EPQ was on how technology can help educate children, because I want to do CS at uni :biggrin:
Original post by RoyalSheepy

Same actually maths c1 was easiest, chem unit 2 was solid :frown:

And phys unit 1 was nasty
(edited 6 years ago)

Your name is a sheep but you found bio the easiest...and that is what I like to call irony :wink:

I was debating doing Chemistry but ultimately decided against it. It looks haaard.
Original post by Khanman123
Fp2 isnt that bad, I reckon I got an A in it. Its fp3 that's hard, I'll be Lucky to get a B in that.

It's good that you found FP2 alright :smile:

FP3...did you choose to do it, or did the school? I don't know why you'd choose it if you didn't have to :frown:
Original post by physicsamor
I still don't know and I'm taking it for uni lool it's like what affects the economy, induvudals and firms :tongue:
Dreading the econ paper tomorrow xD
Good luck to the rest of your exams! :smile:

Haha whoops :biggrin:

Good luck, and try to revise!

Thank you! :redface:
Oh nice! That's good though, going back and getting the grades that you're capable of getting :smile:
I struggled a lot at the start of this year, so I know what you mean...

Thanks! I really appreciate it :biggrin:

Maths, Further Maths, Physics and English Language. Seems random, probably because FM and English got thrown in on results day when I went from 4 options to 2 :frown:
My EPQ was on how technology can help educate children, because I want to do CS at uni :biggrin:

haha it does seem a bit random to me! English language is possibly my worst nightmare of an A level.
I did maths chemistry and biology + further maths this year, alongside an AS in history then an EPQ in second year.
Mine was about the biochemical origins of life on earth, which was interesting but pretty hard because no one really knows unfortunately. I think it's a great thing to do though, in pre uni science subjects there's very little opportunity for extended writing and I think its good to get that from EPQ
Original post by em_lj
Same actually maths c1 was easiest, chem unit 2 was solid :frown:

And phys unit 1 was nasty

I heard about Physics - Unit 1 :rofl:

Your name is a sheep but you found bio the easiest...and that is what I like to call irony :wink:

I was debating doing Chemistry but ultimately decided against it. It looks haaard.

Never say that again:rofl3:

Just as bad as @mali473
Original post by k.russell
haha it does seem a bit random to me! English language is possibly my worst nightmare of an A level.
I did maths chemistry and biology + further maths this year, alongside an AS in history then an EPQ in second year.
Mine was about the biochemical origins of life on earth, which was interesting but pretty hard because no one really knows unfortunately. I think it's a great thing to do though, in pre uni science subjects there's very little opportunity for extended writing and I think its good to get that from EPQ

It was my other A*, the first being Physics. That was pretty much 15-year-old-me's logic :redface:
I was 2/3 UMS off an A* in CS though :frown:

English (Language at least) gets a lot more analytical at A Level, which I'm very glad for :smile:
It's like how words are constructed, then sentences, then paragraphs, as well as power dynamics etc etc

Wow that sounds really hard! History probably would have killed me, I got told at GCSE not to take it because I wouldn't write enough to get a good mark...I took Classics instead though, so :smile:

That sounds really cool! Shame there isn't much research/evidence one way or another, but it sounds fascinating...
I agree, especially as it comes up much more in uni :biggrin:
I heard about Physics - Unit 1 :rofl:

Never say that again:rofl3:

Just as bad as @mali473

I didn't even do that one on purpose! I tend to type how I speak, so when I'd typically elongate my vowels, I do it in text, too.
It was funny though :redface:

Spoiler

I didn't even do that one on purpose! I tend to type how I speak, so when I'd typically elongate my vowels, I do it in text, too.
It was funny though :redface:

Spoiler

It was funny tbf :lol:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest