The Student Room Group

train tickets fraud????

Im 16 and will get 15 quid off my journey if i book as a child (15 years old) will this be fraud and will they ask me for id on the day? Not really travelled on trains for a while so not sure about this...
Original post by FaZe Clan
Im 16 and will get 15 quid off my journey if i book as a child (15 years old) will this be fraud and will they ask me for id on the day? Not really travelled on trains for a while so not sure about this...

Do you really need to ask whether it's fraud to claim a discount for a 15-year-old when you're 16 years old?
Original post by FaZe Clan

They could fine you and charge the difference between fares if they find out, up to you if you want to take that risk.A 16-25 railcard is less than £30
Reply 3
Just wondering how likely it is theyll ask me for id to veridy my age and then fine me or something
Yes, it is fraud and not something you should be doing. They may ask for you an I.D, this is not something you can predict or give a probability of. Even if it was a 1/10 chance, you can be that 1 and if caught they could fine you or worst. Why put yourself in this situation? Just pay the full fare. If travelling is something you're going to be doing often, then purchase a rail card. Alternatively, if you know exactly when you want to travel, then you can book a ticket in advance i.e online and it should be cheaper. Never done this myself due to uncertainly of my schedules but knew of plenty of people who did.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending