The Student Room Group

Men who take their tops off outside

Do they do it to show off their bodies or what? It's not even that hot out and they stroll around with no t-shirt on...

OK so you have a good body with nice abs or whatever but do you really need to show it off in the street?

Girl trying to go about her business shopping but getting distracted by nakedness everywhere :K:

Scroll to see replies

they all need to see my body

looks are the only way I can get laid
So what?
Original post by 23 and Grey
they all need to see my body

looks are the only way I can get laid

So more than likely they're doing it to show off rather than because it's hot outside? It's very distracting :colonhash:
It's a very chavvy thing to do, in my opinion. If you're in public and not on a beach, you don't wander around half dressed. You never see this on the continent, where it's significantly hotter in the summer but people wouldn't dream of going shopping half-dressed.

It's an unfortunately British thing. And usually slightly fat and lobster-red.
An out of shape man takes his shirt off in public - "He must just be too hot"

An aesthetic guy takes his shirt off in public "Ugh, the vanity... Why do you need to show off?"
Original post by Reality Check
It's a very chavvy thing to do, in my opinion. If you're in public and not on a beach, you don't wander around half dressed. You never see this on the continent, where it's significantly hotter in the summer but people wouldn't dream of going shopping half-dressed.

It's fine if you have nice hair, tight white crop trousers and abs
Original post by 23 and Grey
It's fine if you have nice hair, tight white crop trousers and abs

No it's not! The body is irrelevant. It's not appropriate behaviour, unless of course you live in a council house and have chips for your 'tea'.
Wish I was a guy so I could go out topless without a care in the world
If they're decent looking, where is the problem? Anyway the general guesswork formula I go for is that if it's only 20 degrees then it's either vanity or insanity, but >25 and they're genuinely a bit warm.
Original post by WoodyMKC
An out of shape man takes his shirt off in public - "He must just be too hot"

An aesthetic guy takes his shirt off in public "Ugh, the vanity... Why do you need to show off?"

Most of the men I see with their tops off have very nice bodies, not that I'm starring or anything but it's a bit hard not to notice when you're just walking. Seems the only reason you'd do it is to show off, unless you were in an environment where taking your shirt off is acceptable, like at a beach or something.

No it's not! The body is irrelevant. It's not appropriate behaviour, unless of course you live in a council house and have chips for your 'tea'.

Lmao. they don't look like chavs though.
What is there to show off? I have never seen a guy who works out topless. It's always the ones with puppy fat and bellies that fold over their belts.

Really? When I used to go on holiday to Spain, men AND women walked around topless. I think you mean you never see this in the city - which is true of UK cities as well.
Says you....

Yeah I do lol

what's your point?
Topless in the street is embarrassing. I might let someone off in a park if they are sat still but not walking around.
Reply 14
most men are doing it to show off or doing it because they think they look good
Original post by ANM775
most men are doing it to show off or doing it because they think they look good

It's so cringe to be honest. They must be so desperate for attention.
Unless they are playing football/doing sports it's a definite no-no. Very off-putting.
class.png

That's my point, son.
Shall I attach some more?

Bit of an own goal.

I've always said my family are blue collar, what's your point?
Not without a bra though? Or have I got it wrong...
I'm actually surprised society doesn't push women to wear just bras with the kind of mentality we have no with less = better.

Quick Reply

Latest