The Student Room Group

WSOp Linguist

Hello,

The requirements for a WSOp Linguist, along with GCSE's, are...

"Linguists also need a modern language, although evidence of an ability to learn languages without a formal qualification may be acceptable."

What evidence is needed? I have spoken to the RAF careers phone line and they seemed unsure and I wasn't overly confident they knew their stuff. I have an old mate who works in AFCO locally so I will book in with him to get the full facts but was hoping somebody may help here first.

O
Original post by Officer X
Hello,

The requirements for a WSOp Linguist, along with GCSE's, are...

"Linguists also need a modern language, although evidence of an ability to learn languages without a formal qualification may be acceptable."

What evidence is needed? I have spoken to the RAF careers phone line and they seemed unsure and I wasn't overly confident they knew their stuff. I have an old mate who works in AFCO locally so I will book in with him to get the full facts but was hoping somebody may help here first.

O

There is an aptitude test that can be done, I presume they do that at some point in the Linguist process, but I'm not sure where. Ask the AFCO about the MLAT - Modern Language Aptitude Test.
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
There is an aptitude test that can be done, I presume they do that at some point in the Linguist process, but I'm not sure where. Ask the AFCO about the MLAT - Modern Language Aptitude Test.

Cheers. I thought the careers guys were talking crap. Someone needs to train these guys up!

Quick Reply

Latest